Sunday, October 29, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

The Waiting for Santa stocking has been really easy stitching lately. The little boy is finished except for his hand and I have almost finished the rug below his feet. Once that is done, I am going to stitch the pretty toe pattern. As I move back up the stocking, I am planning on completing the backstitching as I go so that it is done before I turn the scroll and I don't have to go back to it.

I have another finish....almost. Many years ago I bought my daughter a Tweety latch hook rug kit. She worked on it a while and then put it aside. It was just about halfway finished. Well I don't like unfinished projects. With her permission, I started working on it and I finished the hooking on Friday. 

I am happily finishing some of the UFOs that have been hanging around for too long. I have already ordered Tweety fabric to make this into a pillow. I will leave it in my daughter's old room for now. If she or my granddaughter want it, they can take it.

I have finished knitting the sleeves for my grandson's jacket. I have sewn the shoulder seams.

I have also attached the first sleeve. The blue above is closer to the actual color of the lighter blue.


Unfortunately, the directions never state when to sew up the side seams. I think I will do that after I attach the second sleeve. Then all that is left to do is knit the hood and add the buttons. I need to shop for those and the directions do not state the size needed. I haven't decided whether the hood will be all the darker blue yarn or if I will knit a couple of inches in the lighter blue yarn and then change to the darker. I don't have enough of the lighter blue for the entire hood. 

Yesterday was such a beautiful sunny, warm day that Hubby and I decided to take a walk in the local preserve. 

Although it looks like Fall, it didn't feel like it. It was actually hot.....80 degrees. There were geese in the lake.

A few ducks also. These two were not at all afraid of us. They were only a few feet away.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

11 comments:

  1. Sunshine you are lucky , we had rain all day very heavy .
    Love your header , love the stocking and Tweety and knitting
    You have been busy , have a nice Sunday hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember making a latch hook kit of a Santa when I was a teenager. I gave it to my mother and now I have it. Your tweety bird will make a great pillow. Your grandson’s stocking is growing in leaps and bounds! His sweater will soon be done too. The Christmas deadline is looming! I need to get making some gifts. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. that trail sure looks like fall even if it was 80 degrees - we had warm temps for awhile now back to chilly and downright cold for a couple nights starting tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love seeing the ducks on the lake. It has been getting up into the 80's here too; I am enjoying the warm weather. Tweety is just the cutest and your stocking is looking fabulous. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The detail and shading on your cross stitch is beautiful. Nice to get a UFO out of the way. Beautiful autumn pictures too. Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stocking is coming along so well! Such a sweet design! Beautiful view for your walk, too. We've had a very warm October until the last couple days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Cathie!
    I just love your cross stitching progress! I’ve hook rugs before! I enjoyed it but I like less rough on my hands work these days! lol
    I am loving pics of the preserve… your grandsons jacket is sew darling thus far too!
    Enjoy kicking your UFOs to the curb girl!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings Cathi: This is such a sweet design, I love his red pj's, so sweet.
    I too would do the back stitching as I went, it is a lot easier.
    The Tweety Bird rug is a charmer, I am looking forward to seeing it completely finished, you are like me I do not like seeing unfinished stitching, the sweater is lovely, I am not a knitter or crochet person but love seeing what other people are working on.
    I am looking forward to the day me and Mike can take long walks again, soon very soon.

    have a great week
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the tweedy!! I have finished many of my kid's projects over the years :) Beautiful autumnal photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful array of hand made projects, Cathie. I love them all. Beautiful too of course, is Mother Nature's Autumn views.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.