Saturday, October 21, 2023

Two finishes and a trip!

 Hubby and I took another trip to CA to visit our son, daughter-in-law and grandson last weekend. I decided I needed something to craft on the plane. My neighbor's daughter is expecting her second little boy, so I decided to crochet two little pups for both boys to add to the small gift that I had purchased for her. These are small made with scraps which wouldn't take up too much room in my underseat carryon. I finished the second pup today. Aren't they cute?


We had a great time reconnecting with our 4 month old grandson. 


Isn't he adorable?


While we were there we visited Batiquitos Lagoon. This is the first sign that greeted us.

Thankfully we didn't encounter any. Whew! The lagoon is near a busy highway, but was quiet and peaceful.


These beautiful painted chairs were at the entrance.


We also took a walk along the beach in Carlsbad. The ocean was quite rough and there were a lot of surfers.

We came home on Tuesday. I took some photos from the plane on the way home.




I have added several stitches to Waiting for Santa. You can see the heel shape of the stocking now. 

I am working on the red of the pointsettias and the legs of the boy's pajamas. I am loving working on this now.

I will be joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!





12 comments:

  1. that is so nice that you got to fly out to see your son and family again - staying connected to baby is good! When my grandchildren were really young I got to see them a lot but then not so much as they hit the pre-teen years so haven't not had a close relationship as I wish I had.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Cathi: He is an adorable baby boy, so sweet looking, you both look so happy, a very sweet photo.
    love the outdoor photos, the puppy's are adorable.
    Lots of progress on the stocking.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your little grandson is precious! His stocking looks wonderful. Fun to see the details emerge each week. Cute dogs! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun trip you had! Love those chairs. Your stitching is beautiful - both on the dogs and the cross stitch. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an adorable little grandson, Cathie - I'm glad you got to go out and visit again! Sounds like you enjoyed the trip and seeing the sights. Those crocheted dogs are really fun, and I bet they will be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to visit with grandson. Beautiful work on your slow stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adorable grandson! You were in my old stomping ground and beach! I grew up in Vista. The pups are adorable!

      Delete
  7. I am so happy you were able to go and visit your grandson!! He is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful trip and a gorgeous baby! And those little pups are so fun - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All babies grow so fast! I'd be terrified to read that snake sign - luckily there are no snakes here in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your crochet pups are adorable... as is the grandbaby! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.