I finished knitting the 2nd Butterfly baby blanket. Yay!
Now I can concentrate on the Elephant Baby Blanket and maybe work on a sweater for myself that I started some time ago. I have to figure out how to adjust the armholes though as my gauge is off lengthwise.
I have been working on the Timberline Log Cabin quilt. I decided to work on ten blocks at a time. Here is the process for the final log of each block.
First I lay out the 10 blocks and pick a red diamond, a cream diamond and a green trapezoid. I try to make sure that no fabric is repeated in any block. It isn't hard to do as there are 6 different red, 33 different green and 32 different cream fabrics. This may be a scrappy quilt, but I am picky about repeating fabrics.
Here are the 11 blocks that I have finished so far except for the Y-seams. This is the arrangement that is shown in Judy Martin's book for the center. She doesn't show the complete arrangement for the queen-sized quilt, but there are several options online.
I need 196 of these blocks in total.Then there will be 4 corner blocks and 56 border blocks. Oh my this is another long-term project. These ten blocks took almost 2 weeks of on and off sewing while I am on summer vacation.
I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I think I will spend some time working on the secret stitching. School starts on Tuesday, so my stitching time will be greatly reduced.
Thanks for stopping by!