Friday, November 3, 2023

Quilt update and new fabric

I finally have more than half of the Log Cabin Star blocks completed (Judy Martin's Timberline quilt). I have 101 out of 196 of these blocks completed. I hadn't slept at all Tuesday night (not sure why), so I really wasn't sure I should attempt to complete the last 5 blocks of the most recent set of 10 that I have been working on. Amazingly I only had to use the seam ripper once. Almost all the seams matched on the first try. Wow! What a relief.

Now I can start on the next 10 blocks. This is where I am so far.

I bought all of these fabrics this week. What kind of quilts do you think I will be making with them? Can you guess?


These quarter yard fabrics are sitting on two different black fabrics. Here are some close-ups.


I love the glasses on that hampster above.
Lots of fun fabrics!

I also got the Tweety fabric that I ordered. 

I tried to buy a pillow form at the fabric store, but they didn't have the size I need. I found the correct size on Amazon. I will put it in my next order. 

Thanks for stopping by!



6 comments:

  1. You are doing a beautiful job of these Log Cabin stars, Cathie. They look so intricate to me. Looks like fun fabrics for some childrens projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will it be an I-Spy quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like some thing for children , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun collection of I spy fabrics! I am going to work on an I spy quilt this weekend too. Your daughter’s quilt is going to be gorgeous. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're moving along really well with the log cabin star blocks, Cathie! It won't be long until you're sewing those blocks together. I Spy lots of fun prints for some cute quilts for your grand babies! Those will be fun to work on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.