Sunday, October 15, 2023

Stitching Progress

My stitching lately has been anything but slow. I am totally enjoying adding stitches to the Waiting for Santa stocking. Most of the stitching is large swaths of one color which means I can take a length of 6 ply floss, separate it into 3 2-ply lengths and sit and stitch those 3 lengths at one go. An hour later and many stitches have happily been added. The little boy is almost done already.

Of course, now that we are halfway through October (OMG, really?!), I finally bought my pumpkins and mums and made the front of my house look festive.


I have been steadily adding rows to the sleeves of the little boy jacket. They look a little wide to me, but hopefully they will be fine when seamed. They are stitching up close to gauge.

I have finished stitching 5 of those 10 Log Cabin Star blocks that I have been working on. 


The last log and the y-seam are giving me fits again. The five on the left are done. The next to last log went on so nicely too. Sigh.....

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by! 

10 comments:

  1. You are very busy with all your crafts all look beautiful love the little boy waiting for Santa .
    Enjoy your Sunday .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the sweater will turn out great - I really need to spend more time with mine and get it done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You sure added a lot of stitches to the stocking! I love it! The sweater will soon be done. You must be a faster knitter than me! Y seams can certainly be challenging. Keep going! You can do it! Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little boy is really taking shape on the stocking now! So fun to see that. Your front door is looking pretty and festive! I love this time of year and the decorations that go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’ve really made great progress on your waiting for Santa! Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathie: Oh my the progress on the little boy is really showing, this will be an adorable stocking.
    The sweater color is so pretty.
    The log cabin stars are beautiful, I am looking forward to seeing the quilt in all its beauty.
    Your front entry is beautiful.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Between crossstitch, knitting and piecing blocks you have certainly been keeping busy. Your porch pumpkins look great, although we dont decorate with them here. Probably too busy turning pumpkins into pumpkin soup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your decorations :) I love October and so forth until we hit mid June.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes to those very happy decorations. You'll smile every time you enter your house. Your knitting is progressing nicely and those log cabin stars are going to be worth the efforts, I can tell. Happy weekend, Cathie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.