I have finally finished my baby blanket after having to un-knit several rows. I was just happily knitting along one evening and decided to measure the length of the blanket. Well, wouldn't you know it, I had passed the length that I had wanted to stop at by one whole pattern repeat. Yes, I could have left it alone, but I knew I wouldn't be happy with an extra-long blanket. So I spent time ripping out rows while visiting with my mom the next day.
I am totally happy with the way that it has turned out now!
I have also made a lot of headway with my Patriotic Bunny. The cake is done and has a story of its own. As I am stitching with the white floss I realize I am running out. I go to my supplies and find another skein of DMC white that I can use. Uh-oh, this white is definitely not the bright white that I was currently using. It has a creamier tone to it. Usually I have a few skeins of white on hand, but not this time. I wasn't going to frog all those bright white stitches and I still had some of the bright white left. Since this pattern uses, three strands of floss, I decided to ease into the creamier white by using two strands of bright white with one strand of the creamier white for a little while and then go to one strand of bright white and 2 of the creamier white near the end. Thankfully, I had enough of the bright white that I could stay with the 2 strands of it to one of the creamier white right until the end. The change is really not noticeable and I am happy with the result.
Now I have to add the bunny's feet and complete the back-stitching and embellishments. The white embellishments will all have to be in creamy white, but I don't think that will be noticeable either. I will have to buy some more white floss sometime soon.
I realized that I really want to finish a few items so that I can move on to my trying out some blocks for my daughter's quilt. That was my initial plan to work on this summer. I don't have all the fabrics that I need, but at least I can make a sample block and see whether or not I really want to attempt this quilt.
The log cabin pieces are really skinny and there is a y-seam to learn. The version shown above is much smaller than the queen-sized quilt I would be making.
I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I think I will work on that bunny's feet today.
I made it last week and we both really liked it. I am not a fan of mayonnaise and this recipe is made with a sweet, light dressing. It only takes half of a head of each type of cabbage so I still have some on hand. I left out the seeds and nuts as I couldn't find any in the grocery store and hubby would not have been a fan. I have been trying to find some light vegetable salads for the two of us. I figure that healthier eating can only help during this pandemic.
Thanks for stopping by!