Sunday, October 8, 2023

Another finish!

I finished Father Frost! He is already to be given to my grandson to hang on the tree! 

Now each grandchild will have a Mill Hill Charmed Santa Face ornament with their name and the year on it. 
I am pretty impressed with myself that I got these done so early. I have two more that I could make. At least one will be for me.  

I have been steadily stitching the Waiting for Santa stocking for my grandson. I am sure you can see my progress. The upper body of the little boy is almost complete.

I have my living room stitching spot back as our reupholstered chairs and ottoman have finally arrived. 

That means a lot of early morning stitching before Hubby awakens. These pieces used to be covered with a red and cream buffalo check. Unfortunately, the upholstered didn't have enough of that same fabric and it had been discontinued. I like the windowpane check that we substituted. 

Now that the ornament is finished, I have spent some time at the sewing machine the past few days to work on the Log Cabin Star quilt (Judy Martin's Timberline) for my daughter. I am adding logs to the next 10 blocks.

 Once these are complete I will be more than halfway done with making these particular blocks. I will have 101 of the 196 blocks completed. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Make yourself a cup of tea or coffee and pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. You know that I will be settled in stitching the stocking.

Thanks for stopping by!


 

13 comments:

  1. Good morning Cathie , love your ornaments and your new start.
    Also love your new decor on your chairs .
    Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful ornament for Lucas! His stocking is coming along nicely too. Your newly reupholstered stitching spot looks like a great place to spend time with needle and thread and your favourite beverage. Enjoy your day! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandsons tree ornament is lovely. Great progress with the stocking too. Nice upholstery fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your santa ornament is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your Santa ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Santa ornament is beautiful, as is the stocking. Your newly reupholstered furniture is lovely, what a great place to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Santa ornament is precious, Cathie! Those will be sweet keepsakes for the grands. Your stitching nook looks comfy and cozy and pretty new upholstery on the chairs. Enjoy your stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Cathie: The ornament turned out perfect.
    Love the quilt, very pretty combination of fabric colors.
    Nice progress on the stocking.
    Your chairs are beautiful.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Cathie... what a fun visit to your blog I had today!!!
    I love the ornament you finished for your gs... and the stocking for him is awesome progression in the pattern!
    I am glad with the progress you are making on your daughters quilt.. will this be hand quilted or machine long armed???
    I love your upholstered furniture! Those look like great stitching spots and some great naps possibly too! lol
    Have a fab rest of your weekend! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute little beaded Christmas ornament, it's so special that you are making these for your grandchildren. That's a lot of blocks for your daughter's quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Cathie, Father Frost is beautiful...such special keepsakes for the family. I like that name too...Father Frost. And good progress on your stocking...great red colour. What beautiful chairs you have in gorgeous checks for your stitching place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for visiting Melva Loves Scraps. Feel free to join my weekly Sew & Tell party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am jealous at how fast you are for the holidays. I am woefully behind my arbitrary goal but never fear I still have time. The ornament will be a treasured heirloom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.