Sunday, October 1, 2023

October Morning Stitch Along Update

Sadly October Morning hasn't been getting much attention lately. This is where it was 3 weeks ago. I had happily gotten to the top of the right hand corner. 

I added a few more stitches just this past week to that corner. 

You can see that I have stitched two branches of the tree trunk all the way to the top of the picture and filled in along the right hand side. Next I want to fill in some more of the colorful leaves between the trunk pieces. 

I have been spending most of my time working on the Christmas stocking and ornament for my grandson, so October Morning won't be progressing as quickly for a while. I may even put it in time out so I can concentrate on the stocking. You will see what I decide to do in 3 weeks. You can find the update on all of my other projects here.

Thank you to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch Along every three weeks and sending us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world, so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post.

Avis, ClaireGunChristinaKathyMargaret,

HeidiJackieSunnyMeganDeborahSharonDaisy

CathieLindaHelen, MaryMargaretCindy

Thanks for stopping by! 


 

18 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty picture! Our leaves are just starting to turn. I can understand why most of your time is being put into your grandson’s stocking…the deadline is looming! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. October Morning is gorgeous. I am just lucky I am working on Christmas themed stuff because yup...as fast as Fall arrived, that stocking needs to get done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added a good deal of stitches to the stocking today. I am quite pleased with my progress, but I am still skeptical about finishing it for Christmas. Thankfully my grandson is only 4 months old right now and won't care.

      Delete
  3. Oops the above was from me - Sharon (nwpaintedlady) I wish there was some way I could fix this anonymous comment thing - any idea on how?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathie: This is really showing a beautiful outdoor fall picture, you are so close to the finish line, congratulations.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Still, this is a lovely piece, and it will wait for you,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your October stitch looks just wonderful.
    I need to get going on my Christmas stitching too.
    Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. no harm in concentrating on xmas ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. every day I think I need to focus and get stuff knitted for the grands and then I don't meet that goal. Lovely stitching project that will keep you company in between the grandbaby projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It might be worth changing projects to make sure you meet the Christmas deadline. Great progress on October Morning this time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have added many, many stitches to the stocking so far this week. It is tops on my stitching list that is for sure.

      Delete
  10. You know that every stitch counts, you have made progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I don't mind only putting in a few stitches every few weeks as it still moves it to a finish.

      Delete
  11. I love the autumnal colors -- but as someone turning to Christmas projects, I see nothing wrong with working on that instead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am concentrating on the stocking, but I will still add stitches to October Morning from time to time.

      Delete
  12. What a pretty picture that October morning is! I think working on Christmas projects is a good goal too. That will be here before we know it! Or at least to me it seems time has speeded up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I forgot to say how much I love your header. So nice and autumny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.