Sunday, January 1, 2023

First Stitch Along Post for 2023!

Happy New Year!

Can you believe that it is 2023 already?! Wow! I am still working on the Woodland Animals Christmas Stocking for my daughter-in-law, this might be the last update on it for a while as I want to start the birth announcement for my future grandson. I don't need the stocking until next Christmas, but the baby is due in June. 

This is how much of the stocking I had completed for the last update.


I stitched a whole lot in the last three weeks.
 

The lynx and the elk on the left are now completed. The mother deer on the right is all stitched also and the bear above her is started. I have filled in a bunch of the snow and the tree as well. I really tried hard to get this finished for Christmas, but there is still a lot of cross-stitching to do followed by beading and assembling. It will get this done for next year for sure. 

Here is the birth announcement that I am going to start stitching soon. You may recall that my son bought this chart for me while on his honeymoon in April.

I have the Zweigart fabric and all but one of the necessary flosses. I haven't gathered all of the colors together from my stash just yet. 

I will now be making this for his baby boy. It looks like it will stitch up quickly. I am so looking forward to be a Grammy for a 2nd time. 

If you are interested, you can see a review of my crafts and life events of 2022 here.

  Thank you to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting Stitch Along every three weeks and sending us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world, so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post. 

AvisClaireGun, ChristinaKathyMargaret

HeidiJackieSunnyMeganDeborahSharon

DaisyAJCathieLindaHelenConnie, MaryMargaretCindy

Thanks for stopping by! 

 

23 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you and your family .
    Looks like you are going to have fun with a June baby , my birthday month .
    Love the stocking so cute and the new chart looks great .
    Hugs June,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Retirement is agreeing with you! You sure get a lot of stitching done each week. The baby announcement will be a fun project. The stocking is gorgeous and you will have it done in time for next Christmas for sure Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Cathie! It's so exciting to be expecting another grand baby, and the birth announcement looks like it will be fun to stitch on while you wait. I bet your daughter-in-law won't mind waiting for her stocking one bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year - such a lot of stitching done and the stocking looks amazing so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to miss watching the stocking grow but you've chosen another lovely project to stitch. Well done on the amazing progress this time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to miss watching the stocking grow but you've chosen another lovely project to stitch. Well done on the amazing progress you made again this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may continue to working on the stocking until the end of January. I find it difficult to pick it back up every time I leave so I would like to finish the tree.

      Delete
  7. Wonderful progress! Happy New year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the stocking progress… I am glad the pressure is off now! It’s beautiful work but babies need a birth announcement too! Lovely proverb on that too!
    Have a blessed 2023!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year, Cathie. It is so much fun to see the details in this little stocking. I can not wait to see your progress on the birth announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The stocking is coming along so well. Your sampler will be so cute and fun to follow. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That stocking has to be the cutest I have seen in a long time. You're doing a beautiful job on it. I love the birth sampler too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The stocking is stunning, but another baby in the family is just something to look forward too and I agree, the stocking can wait a little while. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just about to gather the flosses to start the baby announcement.

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this stotcking design is probably one of the prettiest I've ever seen ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is from the November 2015 Cross-stitch & Needlework magazine.

      Delete
  15. I love the new birth sampler chart!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's se wonderful progress!! At least you'll have the stocking ready in plenty of time for next Christmas but baby takes priority!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, getting the baby items completed is definitely first on my list. I already have a great start on the birth announcement and I have started a crocheted baby blanket also.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.