Saturday, December 31, 2022

2022 in review

It is time to look back on the past year and make note of all the crafts that have been finished and the family events that have made this such a wonderful year for me.

First though,  for Carol in Texas, the header photo is Little House Needleworks "Through the Woods".

April was an eventful month. First, I finished the Baby Elephant afghan for my first grandchild.

Later that month, Hubby and I traveled to California to celebrate our son's wedding.

In June, I finished the first of two vintage embroidered bibs. This one is quite small.

I finished my son-in-law's Christmas stocking in July.

I finished the second, larger embroidered bib. I don't think I ever posted the finished photo so here it is now.

We also celebrated my daughter's baby shower in Rhode Island.

I made the diaper cake that was part of a game as well as the centerpieces.

In August we took another trip to California to visit my son and his wife. We went to the San Diego zoo and did some other great sightseeing.

September was most notable for the birth of my first grandchild, Natalie.

I finished her cross-stitched birth announcement in October and had it framed.

I also made this cute little crocheted dog for her.

Hubby and I took a trip to Hyde Park, NY where we visited the Vanderbilt Mansion, FDR's home, Val-kill and a vineyard. We also had dinner at the Culinary Institute of America.

I finished hand-quilting a crib sized quilt that my mother hand pieced years ago. It still needs a label.

I also finished two sets of four Christmas placemats for each of my kids.

I made an ornament to commemorate my granddaughter's first Christmas.

I stepped away from stitching to make two cork Santa hats from the many, many corks that I have.


All in all, Hubby and I had a very happy and eventful 2022. Looking back, I did finish quite a few crafts this year. I have several WIPs that have been hanging around for quite a while, but I have several new projects that I want to work on also. I will make a blog post on all of those in the new year.

Happy New Year's Eve!

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. So many happy events for your family this past year! Some lovely finishes too! It’s good to have some projects to carry on into the next year too. Happy New Year to you and your family. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had a lot to do this year - a new grandchild and a beautiful daughter in law added to the family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots to look back on this year Cathie! Weddings, babies, and memorable trips - sounds like 2022 was very good to you. I love the little Christmas ornament. It is so sweet. Also love the Santa hat made from the wine corks. My daughter and I made autumn pumpkins by painting corks and love them. The hats would be another fun craft.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.