Sunday, January 29, 2023

HQAL update

My hand-quilting on this table topper is moving along quite slowly. I only work on it when visiting my mother. Sometimes I sit with her and just hold her hand, so no quilting. Here is where I was three weeks ago. I had just started quilting the borders.

I am still working on those borders. 

I have to move the hoop a lot to work on the two inner borders. I will have to work on the outer row without the hoop. 

I realize now that the borders are actually pieced as if they were the courthouse steps pattern except that the center is a large block.

This HQAL is an opportunity for hand quilters to share and motivate each other. The talented quilters below post every three weeks to show our progress and encourage one another. Stop by their sites to see what they are working on. If you have a hand project and would like to join our group contact Kathy at the link below.

KathyMargaretDebNanette, SharonKarrinDaisyConnie and Cathie 


Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

  1. Looking great , enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have some progress - a little by little and it will get done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely center quilting! Enjoy the time with your mom, quilts are ever so patient. So even a little done is great.👍

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m sure your mom feels loved when you hold her hand and when you just sit with her. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your love and dedication to your mother is beautiful. Holding hands is always more important than stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. we are both in a race to go slowly on our work, lol, only you have a your sweet moms hand to hold :) thats a blessing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't worked on this quilting for a few days now. Just sitting with my mom when I visit.

      Delete
  7. It looks lovely. Hand holding is more important right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful quilting on your tablecloth, and it will be finished eventually. Being with your mother and holding hands is most important.

      Delete
  8. Cathie your hand quilting is so beautiful , and even more beautiful is the time that you are spending with your dear mom. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.