Friday, January 6, 2023

2023 Plans - WIPs and new projects

First I want to share the crafty Christmas gifts that I received. My son once again bought me some beautiful fabric that I had put on my Christmas list. I adore these colors together plan to use them in a new quilt as yet to be determined. 

My daughter gave me a new hot glue gun. 

My hot glue gun bit the dust last summer and I can no longer get the glue sticks for my cool melt gun. They glue sticks are an odd shape that I can't find anywhere since AC Moore went out of business. 

I have a whole lot of crafts planned for 2023. First I want to work on the birth announcement for my grandson who is due in June.

 I have already started on the border.

2. I also want to finish the Woodland Animals stocking for my daughter-in-law. You can see that I have recently finished stitching the bear.

3. I just received all of the yarn I need to make a baby blanket for my grandson. I have the first 4 rows of 198 completed. 

I can't show you the pattern as I want it to be a surprise and I know that my son reads my blog. I will be showing some sneak peaks once in a while.

4. I have chosen these two vintage bibs to embroider for my future grandson. 

Aren't they adorable. The right hand one is quite yellowed, but I am hoping it will brighten a little when washed with a little oxiclean after it is stitched. It is brand new as you can see by the 49 cent tag still attached.

5. I want to finish the quilted table topper. I only work on this when visiting my mom, but it shouldn't take too much longer to finish.

6. I have many more blocks to piece for the Log Cabin Stars quilt that I have been making for my daughter and her husband. I doubt I can finish it this year, but I would like to have more than half of the blocks completed. I think I last worked on it in September.

7. I would like to spend some time on Three Boats. It has been quite a while since I added any stitches. I last posted about it in April 2021. Wow. I don't expect to finish it this year.

8. It would nice to finish October Morning also, but there is no timeline for this.

9 and 10. I want to make each grandchild a Christmas ornament. This will be an annual gift, but I don't have any chosen just yet.

I think 10 crafts are enough to definitely plan on.....for now.

Other WIPs that have been hanging around are the cross-stitch box

and a sweater that I started for myself quite some time ago.

I would also like to work on Christmas stockings for each grandchild. This may be too ambitious at this point, but you never know.

It would be nice to start quilting my mother's Overall Sam quilt also. 

Wow, that seems like a whole lot and I haven't even made a dent in the many patterns, charts and kits I have currently in my craft area. I thought I would be able to get to some of them this year, but looking at the list above I don't think that will happen. 

I would be remiss if I didn't include a big Thank You! to Marly at Samplers and Santas. I won here giveaway of Theresa Kogut's "Ol St. Nick". This may have to be added to my list for this year sometime. 


I better go get started on some of these.Time's a wasting.

I will be joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are working on. 

Thanks for stopping by!



 

12 comments:

  1. Very ambitious Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping it is not so much ambitious as it is reasonable.

      Delete
  2. I love that fabric - your son has good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an exciting year of stitching you have planned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy you are going to be a busy Bee .
    I like having lots to do it's great fun , you can pick up something every day , then pick some thing else at any time.
    Have fun, hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uffff...... qué montón de trabajos por hacer..... pero poniéndoles muchas ganas el año puede dar mucho de sí. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It’s a good thing that you retired. You have a great line up of projects to work on this year. I look forward to seeing your progress on each of them. I also have a long list of things to finish and work on. It’s good to have online friends to support and encourage us along the way. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many fun projects to work on this year, especially those for the new grandbaby! The fabric Christmas gift is beautiful - I love those colors together, too. Enjoy your stitching, Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great gifts, and you have a wonderful list of things to work on! I guess I had better make my list, mine is all in my head! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some great WIP projects and plenty to keep you busy when they are done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! That does sound like a lot of projects, but what fun you will have. I didn't know you were expecting another grandchild. How exciting....a grandson. Stitching for your family will give you much joy throughout this new year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. crafty gifts are the very best gifts ever. I have a few knitting friends that do an exchange and it is wonderful! My sister also gives me good craft gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.