Sunday, July 31, 2022

End of July

I can't believe today is the last day of July. Where did that month go? Oh wait, it was way too hot to do anything outside, so it was mostly spent inside. That means that I made a lot of crafting progress. I almost finished another 10 blocks for the Log Cabin Star quilt. This time the second to last log assembled fairly easily...except for a couple of pieces that were cut a shade too small. I started adding the last log on Friday. 

All that is left are the y-seams that I may work on today.

The stitching on the Woodland Animals birth announcement is going at a quick pace. As you can see, the tree is almost done.

Next, I get to start stitching some of the animals. I think I will complete the backstitching as I go this time as it is all the same color for the entire piece and then I will know that an area is done. 

Hubby and I have been going down to Jones Beach at night a couple of times during the week. We walk the boardwalk and sometimes walk down to the water. It is very peaceful. 


We went to Wantagh Park this past week also. It was a sunny, hot day and there were surprisingly few people. We watched a few boats leave the marina and looked out over Flat Creek towards Jones Beach.

You can see the Jones Beach water tower and the outdoor theater in the distance.

This is the sunset driving home from the beach last night.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I have plenty to keep me busy.

Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

  1. That looks like a great place to walk. Gorgeous sunset! We like walking by the water too.
    The birth announcement is really progressing quickly, I see you have done lots of stitching on October morning too. Maybe you will have it done by this fall? The quilt blocks, although challenging at times, are gorgeous.
    Take care

    Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching and sewing is looking wonderful.
    What a lovely walk at night you had beautiful photos .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the baby announcement you are stitching and all you had to share this week... esp the sunset pic... how cool is that!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think July disappeared because we were all hibernating in the house because of the heat - it happened here too - I can't believe it is August tomorrow already and I will be hearing the school bus drive past the house in another couple weeks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky of you living so near the beach. Wow!!! Beautiful photos!!! I love the sea shore.
    Every new stitch is precious on your baby announcement. Have a great week, Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Log Cabin Star is going to be a beautiful quilt! Hope the y-seams go together easily for you. Beautiful views at the beach - I love walking by the water! Happy August!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love walking by the water. Beautiful stitching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ocean is very peaceful. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty tree with the heart in the middle.. enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time seems to go by when one is not working. However, your are making good use of your time. Birth announcement is coming along nicely as the baby will be here before you know it. We love walking by the water as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks like a lovely place to walk in the evening. Your cross stitch really is moving along at a pace. Those blocks are looking amazing! Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very nice beach that can get very crowded at times, but the nights are usually less busy and there is free entry after 6 pm. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  11. Great work on the log cabin and baby announcement. What a great place to walk, and great sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your logcabin starquilt is very beautiful! It's your embroidery too! Such beautiful photos you share from the trip to the sea. It is truly peaceful to walk along the sea. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work on your quilt Kathie! Love the stitching too. The beach is calling to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A walk along the beach is always pleasant, if it's not too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It’s nice to have indoor crafting time. The log cabins are just gorgeous. The stitchery is coming along so well too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy any crafting time, but it has been too hot here to sit on my front porch or back deck and stitch. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  16. how nice to live close enough to a beach! We were just at Virginia beach and it was too hot to enjoy for my liking. I do love to walk the shore and look for small shells :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Cathie: Great progress on the quilt and Sampler, the colors of the quilt are lovely.
    I am looking forward to seeing the Sampler finished.
    Nice outdoor photos.
    Have a great week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.