Sunday, July 10, 2022

A finish and a lot of other crafting.

Oh my, have I been stitching up a storm. I have stitched almost all the leaves on the tree for the birth announcement. 

Each leaf consists of just two colors so it is nice and easy stitching. I often sit down and easily complete 100 stitches. I love all of the different shades of green.

I really want to start working on the Log Cabin Star quilt for my daughter again. With that in mind, I decided to clear up my sewing area and finish the Winking Santa Stocking. In my last post I shared the lining and backing fabrics that I had chosen.

stayed with the red felt as the backing, but I had to change to a plain white fabric to line the stocking. 

The little Christmas tree fabric that I originally shared showed through to the front of the stocking. I mostly followed the finishing directions by Vonna Pfeiffer, The Twisted Stitcher that you can find here. First I added the piping.

I love how the stocking turned out.




I have also been busy with the lamb bib. This is a larger bib than the last little kitty cat and taking more time to stitch, but I am perfecting my blanket stitch as you can see.

I am hoping that once I add the stitching for the tongue it will look less like the lamb has a mustache. LOL

Finally, I have been adding stitches to October Morning. I finished the mailbox and another post of the fence. 

On an personal note, Hubby and I celebrated 37 years of marriage on Thursday. We ate dinner at a local restaurant overlooking a pond.

The view was nice. The dinner was very good, but the cost was excessive. We are sharing a tiramisu for dessert here.

Now, I wonder if you can guess what I am making below.It is certainly an odd use for a cake pan. It will be revealed in a couple of weeks.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by! 


16 comments:

  1. Wow Cathie you have been busy .
    Happy Anniversary to you both.
    Love all your stitching every thing looks beautiful .
    Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm.....is what you are making something to do with nappies?? Your holidays/retirement is definitely agreeing with you. You have achieved a lot of lovely stitching this week. How fabulous Cheery Santa is all finished as a stocking. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. How lovely you went out and enjoyed a lovely meal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Santa stocking looks amazing. The piping is a nice finish on the edge.
    Happy Anniversary! Dinner out is a great way to celebrate.
    This new grand baby is going to love everything you are making!
    Is that the edge of October morning I see in your frame?
    Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Santa is outrageously beautiful! I so enjoyed watching your journey to completion. Motivates me to try a full coverage piece. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It took a lot longer to stitch than I expected.

      Delete
  5. happy anniversary! we had ours a couple weeks ago. I love the Xmas sock - the santa turned out so well, I wondered how it would look for a sock as it was hard to tell on the bigger piece you have been stitching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary to you both ❤️
    Santa looks great 👍 your lamb is so sweet. October morning is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you making a diaper cake for a certain baby shower?! So fun! Happy Anniversary to you and hubby, too. Love seeing your stitching - the Santa stocking turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Justa lovely finish on that stocking!! And that little lamb is adorable --perfect for a bib!! Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary! Santa Christmas sock came out beautifully! Are you making one of those diaper wreaths for a baby shower? Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Santa stocking turned out beautifully - great job!
    Happy Anniversary to you young'uns!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! It may have been expensive, but I'm sure it was well worth the cost to have such a lovely celebration together. The finished stocking is wonderful, I've been watching you stitch this for a while now. Will this be a Christmas gift to the recipient? I've no idea what you are doing in the cake pan, looks a bit too shallow for tea dying or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stocking turned out splendid! Love the red felt backing and how you completed the interior. The lamb is sweet as sweet can be. Belated Happy Anniversary. An excessive cost of a special meal is ok after 37 years. I think you are making a diaper cake.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy anniversary… love the sparkler candle on the table… thanks for sharing how you finished the stocking so nicely!!! I love your progress on all your projects and can’t wait to see how you decorate the diaper cake!!! Fun!!!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are making a diaper cake ?? Happy anniversary to you two love birds!! The Santa stocking is beautiful and YAY for a finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cathie: I love the new design; you have been busy.
    Santa stocking turned out perfect, he is so beautiful.
    The bib is adorable, a cake pan and diapers so cute.
    Happy Blessed Anniversary.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.