Sunday, March 6, 2022

March Already

My goodness those first two months of 2022 seemed to fly right by! There are less than 2 months until my son's wedding. Wow.

It was my birthday last Saturday. Hubby bought me a cork cross-body bag that I had my eye on from Brynwood Needleworks. It is beautifully made and quite roomy.


You can read Donna's Brynwood Needleworks blog here.

I mentioned last weekend that we were visiting our daughter and son-in-law in Boston.  We hadn't seen them since Christmas. We decided to be brave and went candlepin bowling and out to dinner at a bistro that was off the beaten path (in other words there were very few people dining there). The food was delicious.  We wore our masks wherever we went. Hubby and I can't risk getting ill as we need to provide for our mothers. Of course, I didn't think to take any photos of the family. Ruby was very photogenic though. 




I brought the Baby Elephant blanket to work on in the car. I finished the first pink border and have since begun the 2nd blue border. 

This blue border is the same as the pink and there is supposed to be yet another pink and another blue. I am thinking of stopping after the next pink border as it is quite large. It is more like a toddler blanket than an baby blanket. 

I have been steadily working on the Santa stocking. He has his 2nd mitten and cuff. I had to roll the scroll frame again.


I have to finish his arm on the right hand side and then I can fill in all the white in his beard and on his cap. 

I have also finally finished those 10 quilt blocks that I started on my week off. 

For some reason, I had a lot more trouble with the y-seams on these 10 blocks than I had on the previous 10. There are now 31 out of 196 of these blocks completed. 

I did start on the next 10 blocks yesterday and got up to the point that I have to add the first row that has a diamond in it. So I am further with these 10 blocks than the photo shows. 


I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I think I will add some more stitches to each of these projects at some point today. 

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Hope you had a lovely Birthday.
    You are always so busy , lovely stitching and Santa .
    Love your new bag , have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before you know it will be your son's wedding! It is scary how quickly the days fly by. Your new bag is a beauty. All my bags are across the body as I love having my hands free when out and about. The Baby Elephant blanket is looking amazing! Well done on finishing 31 blocks. Gosh, this quilt is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated b’day! I agree on just one pink & blue border on the elephant blanket. It frames the elephant perfectly. More may take away from the center design. You’ve accomplished a lot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds you had a special celebration with your daugther and family. Ruby sure is a happy and beautiful dog.
    The baby elephant blanket is so cute and cozy. And you got great progress on the other two projects. Have a good week, Cathie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it sounds like you had a nice birthday and it is so nice to get out - here the virus seems to be going away once again and it is freeing to go out and about and not wear a mask unless in crowded spaces. That looks like a nice bag.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!
    Great job on the baby elephant... it is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Great work on the elephant blanket, it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday! your bag is lovely. I love that elephant blanket it's so sweet. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Cathie! Glad you were able to get away and visit your daughter and SIL. That is a cute dog! Santa is really coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday, so nice to have a trip away to see family. And what a gorgeous bag, just what you wanted, I'm sure, as you had your eye on it for a while! I've loved watching your progress on that elephant blanket, not long now till it will be completed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated Birthday and what a lovely bag your dear hubby got you. Sounds like you had a wonderful visit with your daughter. The sweet elephant blankie is as cute as a button. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The elephant blanket is so sweet. Lovely bag! Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy birthday! you are so busy with your projects and making steady progress!! glad you saw your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.