Sunday, March 13, 2022

March Stitch Along Update

 I am dead set on finishing my Santa Stocking as soon as possible. I have a whole lot of other projects that I want to work on, but I won't start them until Santa is finished. This is where Santa was three weeks ago. I had just started the second mitten.


A week off from work allowed me to finish that mitten and to roll the scroll frame which I posted about a couple of weeks ago.


Well there has been a lot of progress since that post also. I have rolled the scroll frame again. Santa's second arm is done and I am working on filling in all the white that I left to stitch for after I had completed the gift and arms.

Here is a close-up so you can see where the white stitching is completed and where it isn't. It is completed under the hat's pompom.

I still have more red and green to stitch on Santa's hat, the top border and my son-in-law's name, but I am really in the groove now. 

Be sure to check out my family announcement. You will see another item I will be working on in future stitch along updates after Santa is done.

Thank you to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch Along every three weeks and sending us the needed posting reminders.

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other talented bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post. 

AvisClaireGunConstanzeChristinaKathyMargaret,

 CindyHeidiJackie, SunnyMegan, Deborah, 

CarmelaSharonDaisyAJ, CathieLindaHelen  

Thanks for stopping by!

27 comments:

  1. Santa is looking wonderful.
    You are almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling your cheery Santa will be speeding along to the finishing stitching line now. =) He is looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made progress in leaps and bounds on Santa! Those other projects in the wings are spurring you on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the Santa is looking really good - nearing the end

    ReplyDelete
  5. When one gets close to the end of a project, it is understandable that one wants to keep going. Santa is going to be wonderful. Congrats on your family news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress on Santa. My other projects are spurring me on to! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a good idea to concentrate on this project and not allow yourself to start another until it's finished ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Santa is looking great, almost done! you have more discipline than me if I have another project on my mind I have to make a start on it before I have finished another, that's why I have about 6 wips lying around the house. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. There is nothing like projects waiting to motivate us to get going on the one that needs finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progress Cathy, you are almost there !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your lovely family news! That's a phenomenal amount of stitching you got done this time. My reward for finishing a project is allowing myself to start a new one :-) It works for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will definitely be starting a new project once Santa is completed. It is motivation to finish Santa.

      Delete
  12. Congratulations on the grand baby, you must be so excited! No wonder you are so motivated!if everything else is done, you will be able to fly through that white without having to count everything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a beautiful stocking and I rooting you on to your awaiting finish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Santa is so great! And great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great progress and congrats on your new granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really beautiful. I don't blame you for wanting to finish it up before you work on something else.

    ReplyDelete
  17. if there is a will there is a way, you will finish it! I am so happy for you and your new grand :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Cathie, this is so beautiful...lovely stitching and getting so close to a finish. I know that feeling of wanting to get that done before starting something new. Hang in there. Also if I didn't already say, huge congrats on a little grandchild coming. Cute elephant and pink...lots more pink in your stitching future I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working hard to finish filling in Santa's beard. It is stitching up quite quickly now. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  19. Cathie: This is a stunning design, I love the face on this Santa, you are so close to finishing.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Santa is almost there, how exciting. I can see why you're concentrating on it. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.