Sunday, March 13, 2022

An announcement!

 When I first started working on the Baby Elephant blanket last September I just wanted something to crochet and I had always wanted to make this blanket a second time in the hope that I could gift it to a future grandchild. Well I am happy to announce that our daughter is expecting a baby girl at the end of August! 

We are going to be grandparents!

I am going to add one last pink border to this blanket and call it done. 

The pattern calls for another blue border after the next pink one, but I want it to end with pink for my new granddaughter as there is a whole lot of blue. It is also already quite large. It will be nice and warm for this winter in Boston. 

Of course, I already had to buy a cross-stitch birth announcement pattern to work on. It is the Woodland Babies Birth Sampler by Stoney Creeek.


This will be added to the list of items to complete. You can see the Santa Stocking progress here. I will be finishing him first. I also have a stocking to make for my future daughter-in-law. Oh, I will have to look for a stocking kit for my new granddaughter also. I think I will look for a felt stocking rather than cross-stitch.

I have added more logs to the next 10 quilt blocks. Yesterday was a rainy/snowy day that was perfect for sewing. 

I have to add the strip you see sitting on top to each of these blocks. The three on the bottom need adjustment as teh strips aren't straight. The precision needed on these blocks is causing my seam ripper to get a whole lot of use. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I will be immersed in adding more white stitches to Santa and making Irish Soda Bread. It is that time of year. 

Thanks for stopping by!



18 comments:

  1. Oh, how wonderful for all of you, Cathie♡ This is truly the happiest of news♡ How fabulous your gorgeous Pink Elephant blanket is all ready for the arrival of your granddaughter. The new cross stitch baby announcement is a darling pattern. Another new pretty to enjoy stitching. New stockings as well; you certainly have a lot of lovely stitching to enjoy as the months quickly pass by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Congratulations, Grandma to be! The elephant blanket will be warm and cozy. I did a cross stitch birth announcement for my daughter when I was pregnant. I just added the name, date and weight when she was born. The one you have chosen is cute! You will be busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Cathie! That is so exciting for the whole family! Your elephant blanket is adorable and will get lots of love and use. It will be fun to stitch on the birth announcement, and look forward to the big day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soo excited you will be grand parents this fall and have a new daughter in law soon too! You will be busy! I love that the sweet elephant Afghan has a home and a purpose now… I bet Santa gets kicked up a notch now to get on with other things to sew.. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. congratulations! it is always an exciting time

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is that a Hummel statue in your header? I so appreciate its beauty! Cathie! Congratulations on becoming a Grandmother! What a happy coincidence that this lovely elephant afghan will go to your own granddaughter! 😊What a beautiful cross stitch birth announcement!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your coming grandchild. The elephant blanket is lovely. Lovely birth announcement stitchery you have chose. What an exciting week you have had!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! that blanket is adorable and I love the cross stitch. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! So happy for your family! This elephant is the perfect welcome for a new life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting Cathie!! The cross stitch birth announcement is beautiful, and the afghan is lovely. I am so glad for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful exciting news! It's great that the elephant blanket you made so lovingly, and we all adore, is going to your very first grandchild, I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. And so it begins! The joy of grandparenthood! Congrats to all! It is by far the best gig ever!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting, congratulations. The blanker will become the perfect heirloom piece.

    ReplyDelete
  14. many blessings to your little one to be!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Your life is about to change in the most wonderful way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it is and I am looking forward to it!

      Delete
  16. Cathie: Congratulations on the new grandchild, the blanket will be perfect.
    The baby Sampler is so sweet.
    Nice progress on the log cabin quilt.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.