Sunday, March 27, 2022

A visit

Our daughter and Ruby came to visit from Wednesday to Saturday! 

Can you tell that Ruby doesn't like to be held? Looking at this photo, it is hard to believe that my daughter is 18 weeks pregnant also. It was so nice to see her again and to enjoy Ruby's antics. Ruby definitely kept us hopping during this visit. Many times I have shared photos of the bunnies that visit our yard. They all scurry away when Ruby is in town. Lately, we have also had a family of cats, a mother cat and two kittens. Ruby enjoyed chasing them out of our back yard also. Sadly though, one night while Ruby was visiting some creature must have killed a bunny. Ruby came trotting out from behind some bushes in our back yard the next day with a quite dead bunny. She didn't kill it as it was stiff and cold. She was so proud of her find. My daughter and I had to corner her on our deck to get her to drop it. Thankfully she dropped it right into the garbage bag that I was holding and my daughter and I had on vinyl gloves that I still had from the beginning of the pandemic. Ruby was tired out after her adventure, but first she had to give me the stink-eye.



Now on to some lighter fare. I am still plugging away with adding the white stitches to Santas beard. I am almost up to his mustache.

I also added a few stitches to October Morning that I haven't touched in quite a while. I am working on the bottom right area.

I thought that by this blog post the Baby Elephant Blanket would be completed, but sadly I had to pull out most of the last pink border as I had made a mistake on the second corner. I am now working on the third of the 4 rows of this border. Perhaps you can see the lacy row on the outside of the right-hand side. 


Spring has finally started to bloom in our back yard.

Those daffodils are drooping because we haven't had all that much sun. It was a cloudy, rainy day yesterday when I took this photo. We are supposed to get bitterly cold weather tomorrow - below freezing all day. Sigh....it doesn't feel like Sping at all.

I just finished reading an absolutely wonderful book: "Secrets of a Charmed Life" by Susan Meissner. 

It is mostly set in England during WWII. It is a little difficult to reading knowing the similar hardships being experienced by the citizens of Ukraine. It is such good story though that I highly recommend it.  

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I will be working on Santa again. 

Thanks for stopping by!

 

12 comments:

  1. How great to have your Daughter visit .
    You have been busy crafting and sewing .
    Poor bunny , what an interesting week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Cathie: What a beautiful daughter you have, she does not look like she is 18 weeks pregnant, Ruby is adorable, I do see the stink eye, it makes me smile.
    Nice progress on Santa he is amazing.
    I miss seeing progress on October morning.
    So sorry you had to rip the blanket, it surely is adorable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I miss seeing October morning, glad you find a way adding stitches to it. So glad you had such a lovely visit and looks like Ruby had many adventures. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you enjoyed their visit. The elephant is looking so cute and Santa is fantastic. The fall colors in October Morning are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruby was probably very proud of herself for finding a surprise for you! Our visiting pets sure do keep us entertained! So nice to have your daughter there for a few days. Does she like to craft too?
    Santa’s beard is filling out and the blanket borders frame it nicely. I’m not a fan of ripping out either but sometimes it’s necessary. Good to see October morning getting some more stitches too,
    .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ruby! Hope your daughter feels good - she has a wonderful smile on her face! Santa is looking good - more and more detailed. Ripping out is never fun, but hope you're now getting close to a finish on your elephant blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Ruby stories and photos... thanks for the smile! Happy stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute picture of your daughter and the dog. Too bad about the bunnies, but glad you were able to deal with it, before Ruby brought her prize indoors. We had that happen once. Argh. Making a note of the book, as you probably know from my blog, I'm very into WWII books. Yes, the poor people of Ukraine. Each day I hope for better news, or that someone's gotten to Putin to put a stop to his evil. Sorry you had to rip out some of the adorable elephant blanket. It's soooooooo cute. And Santa is coming right along. Our daffodils are a bit droopy due to the weather as well, though not many in the back have yet bloomed, so hopefully this current cold spell and bit of snow this am, won't due them in. Stay well, stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband was looking out our sliding doors and asked what Ruby had in her mouth. My daughter and I immediatey reacted and got outside quickly. Ruby loves to spend time outside and we don't always stay with her. I like WWII books in moderation. I find them interesting, but they can get depressing if I read too many in a row.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful picture of your daughter and Ruby, so nice you got a lovely visit! Sorry you had to rip on the blanket but is looking good! Good to see your progress on Santa. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely to enjoy a special visit with your daughter and Ruby. A lovely photo of them both. It is nice to see October Morning again; and it is always
    a delight to see your cheery Santa. The lace edging you are crocheting around the edge of Baby Elephant is lovely. This blanket is beyond adorable. I will have to track down this book. It sounds like an excellent read. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. so glad you got a visit in!! She looks beautiful and may she have a healthy pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.