Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Weekend things

Hubby and I visited a flower show at a nearby nursery a couple of weekends ago. Here are a few photos:

I loved the garden statues, but they were quite expensive.
Don't you just love a waterfall?
I liked both the tree and the wind spinner.
I like the look of this hammock. Not sure I would like laying in it.
I love the deep purple/blue hydrangeas.




Yes, there was even a mini pool.

I was hoping to purchase one of the plants below, but they didn't have any to buy.
We bought a few items for our home though. I got one new indoor pot to repot one of my Christmas cactii. I bought the correct potting soil for it also. 

I used this plants former pot to repot the other Christmas cactus that I have.

I also bought the correct food for them. I am hoping the repotting, food and more attentive care will help them bloom again. They haven't bloomed in several years.

I forgot to share a sweet item that I received in the mail from June of Butterfly Wings. She had made this sweet "Peter Rabbit" herself and was giving away the pattern. She included a small snowman also. I am looking forward to working on both of these.

 This past weekend I managed to finally add the second to last log on ten more log cabin blocks. This log took forever. I discovered that I had cut some of the blue-green trapezoids an eighth of an inch too short. It mattered a lot! Ugh! There was a whole lot of seam ripping occurring while working on these. 
I have chosen the pieces for the last log of these 10 blocks. Perhaps I will start sewing them next weekend. 

Thanks for stopping by!




6 comments:

  1. Oh I love going to garden flower shows .
    You see some great ideas .
    Your more than welcome to the charts enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!! we hope to be at a flower show this weekend :) Hopefully my spring time allergies will behave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathie: It is sleeting/snowing here, it is a warm 35 degrees, but the air is cold hence the sleet/snow, icky.
    I needed something to brighten my day your flower show photos did the job.
    Sweet gifts from June, I am looking forward to seeing your progress on these two designs.
    Your quilt is so pretty and bright.
    Have a lovely week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love flower shows the flowers are always so beautiful but I know I can never get a garden to look so well - I just don't have that good enough of a green thumb

    ReplyDelete
  5. The garden centers are always so much fun. I'd like to have them for my own gardens! Love those blocks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like those vignettes in my garden also.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.