Sunday, February 27, 2022

Lots of Crafting Progress

 It is amazing how a week off from work can help your crafting progress. I have been busily working in my basement crafting room sewing together quilt blocks. I am well on my way to finishing another 10 blocks and I hope to get the next 10 started.

I have actually completely finished several of this batch of 10. The y-seams at the end take patience.

I have been waking up super early each morning considering I am off this week. So from 5-6 a.m. I am adding stitches to the Santa stocking. His 2nd mitten is done and I have now start working on the cuff. 

I rolled the frame a little which really felt like I accomplished something.

When visiting my mom and at night while watching TV I have been working on the Baby Elephant blanket. I have added the first blue border - 2 different rows - and I am now working on the first pink border.


I am actually a little farther on this than this photo shows. I am loving this blanket more and more.

I haven't given any updates recently on my mom, but she is eating less and less and sleeping more and more. There are days when she is barely awake when I visit, sometimes falling asleep while I am talking to her. It is sad and heartbreaking. 

Also heartbreaking is the Russian invasion of Ukraine. I never thought I would see an unprovoked invasion such as this in Europe. I am heartsick for all those innocent people who are now fleeing for their lives or fighting for their country. We all must keep them in our prayers and hope that the leaders of the world can somehow resolve this awful situation. 

On a lighter note, Hubby and I took advantage of some warm weather midweek and went on a walk on a local bike path. There is a lake that had several ducks in it that day.

Most of them were paired up.


I took some time to bake this week also. My mother and mother-in-law were the recipients of some Blueberry muffins. I kept a few for me also.


All in all it has been a very productive crafting week. I am sad that it is over. I could really get used to crafting my weeks away. 
Hubby and I are visiting our daughter and son-in-law this weekend. They got 10 inches of snow on Friday so we thought our plans would be cancelled, but we decided to travel on Saturday morning. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Hope you had safe travels whilst visiting with your daughter. Prayers are all we can do for now for Ukraine, my heart breaks at their situations. So sorry to read about your dear Mom. Love the crochet elephant blanket, what a joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had an easy ride to our daughter on Saturday morning, but the ride home tonight took 4 hours. We enjoyed a wonderful visit though. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. The stocking is fantastic , I so love him well done he is almost finished .
    Lovely blanket so sweet.
    Yummy cakes , I would eat them all ha.
    I am really naughty with sweet .

    Oh what can I say my heart is broken that today this can happen to Ukraine I pray for all .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really made the most of your week off in the crafting room! The quilt blocks look great and the elephant blanket is cute. The Santa stocking is gorgeous. I’m sorry to hear your mom is failing..so hard to watch. Sending a hug your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a good visit with your family this weekend. Sorry to hear your mom is getting weaker and sleeping more - the older they get it seems like this happens but it sounds like she is not in pain so that is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a nice week off work sewing, baking, visiting and time for a walk. I hope your mother doesn’t have pain.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is sad to read of your mum's further decline. It must be heartbreaking for you. Sending you a very big hug from my little place. As for Ukraine and its beautiful people let us all wrap them in our prayers and thoughts. The whole situation is devastating. On a brighter note, your baby elephant is the sweetest baby blanket. I don't think I have seen a more adorable one, ever. Santa, too, is looking cheerier than ever. Lots of stitching done on your quilts blocks,too. Goodness, you have had a fabulous time in that sewing room of yours. You will have to retire. =) Hope you have a great time visiting with your daughter and son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You pack a lot of stuff into a week off! I have retired from teaching, and rarely get that much accomplished in all this free time I have now. I, too, work in groups of 10 when making lots of small blocks. It seems doable when I only require myself to make 10, and they do add up fast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a lot done this week, and so glad you made it to your daughter's and home again safely! Santa is really coming along, and the log cabin blocks, too. I'm sorry to hear about your mom - is she still in her own home?

    ReplyDelete
  9. your blanket progress is beautiful! Glad you had a nice week off and did things you loved. Hugs to you about your mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My, you've been really busy and so productive. Glad you had the week. The quilt is really coming along nicely and so is Santa! The baby ghan is adorable, can see why you're loving it more and more as you go. Nice to get out and get a walk in. I did yesterday, not sure if I'll make it today, still pretty cold out. Sorry to hear about your Mom, totally understand what you're going through. The same with my Dad before he past. ((HUGS)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. I walked on my break at work today and it was very cold. Even with gloves my fingers were cold.

      Delete
  11. WOW you got a lot done. All your beautiful projects are coming along very well.
    So sorry to hear about your mom, sending well wishes her way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are making fine progress on your project! Your posts are so enjoyable! That little elephant afghan is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.