Sunday, May 17, 2020

Same old, same old

I have graded all of my finals and submitted my grades. My work as a university professor is done for the semester. Yay! It was stressful trying to teach math online. 
From now until September, I will spend my days cross-stitching, quilting, knitting, crocheting and reading. Same old, same old and I am going to just love it. Of course, I will be helping mom too, but I do that normally so there is no difference there. Oh, I do believe I will have time to blog more often also.

I shared this past week, that I finished Jingle. You can see that post here

I have been adding some stitches to "Three Boats". I am finally, temporarily done stitching black. I have added some color....dark blue, dark green and brown. I kid you not. Can you even tell that I added any colors? 
I am going to keep working on this, just until I can see some differences. I calculated that if I stitched 100 stitches a day, this will take me 726 days to finish. Hmmm..... I had better get stitching.


 This has become a favorite for Hubby and me. Hubby is not big on cooked veggies, but likes some of my salads. This will last most of the week for just the two of us, but will get spicier as the week progresses. 

The weather has been warm the last few days. A walk around my back yard revealed these pretty flowers.


One of my azaleas is starting to bloom too.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I think I will add a few stitches to "Three Boats" and make a dent in all those stitching days.

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. Your stitching looks great .
    love your blue bells my ones are finished now but I also have blue and pink also white ones I love them .
    Enjoy your time this Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you are so glad the semester is over, I have heard so many teacher out there say that. So different then what you are used to doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Jingle! Enjoy your summer break, it was probably a relief to get these last couple of months finished. Salad looks great. My problem is that my husband doesn't like spicy! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Same old same old sounds great to me. Now you will be able to enjoy your Summer break doing whatever you want. You have lots of lovely stitching to help those lazy days glide by. The salad looks delicious. Love that with each day it becomes a little spicier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your break. My daughter is a maths teacher and like you is finding it strange teaching on line. Love the look of the salad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a salad my husband would like because it's spicy. I like bland (ha). Congrats on another semester DONE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cathie: Jungle is so pretty, i think anytime of the year is a good time to stitch Christmas designs.
    Three boats is coming along, so many dark stitch's.
    That salad looks yummy.
    Have a lovely week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I often think that if I work on a project an hour a day it'll be finished in no time. Sadly I can never keep up with my own plan...I get distracted far too easily, haha!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.