Tuesday, May 12, 2020

A finish

Jingle is finished! 
I sat down the other day and stitched the last 3 gold balls. I would love to actually complete the finishing by making it into a banner, but that requires fusible fleece which is nowhere to be found on the internet at this time. Since I live in NY, it will be a while before any fabric/craft stores are open or if I would be willing to shop in them. I am hoping that I will be able to find what I need by the end of the summer to be able to have this as a Christmas decoration.

Meanwhile, I have kitted up a new small cross-stitch project. It is from the July/August 1998 Crafting Traditions magazine. Yes, I do hang on to things for a long time.
I don't have a couple of the salmon colors, but I have plenty of different floss that I will be able to substitute. This should be a quick little piece that I can finish by July.

I think I will also return to working on this printed cross-stitch, October Morning, that I put down again a few years ago. 
You may recall, this was a piece that my mother started, but she really didn't enjoy working on it.
 I would rather work on counted cross-stitch, but I think now is the time to work toward finishing this piece. I thought I was farther along than I am. 
I added some stitches to the church and the tree on Monday.
I am hoping to finish the tree this week. Then again, I have to grade my university final exams tomorrow first. 

For Mother's Day I baked a one-bowl, no crust Coconut Custard pie. 

The pie was good, just a little too eggy tasting for me. It is easy to make in a pinch and I usually have the ingredients on hand, so I will probably keep the recipe.

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Well done on your finished stitch looks wonderful.
    Your new start for July is so cute .
    And how wonderful to pick up your mothers stitching.
    Have a lovely week and enjoy .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, you will find fusible fleece later this summer so u can totally finish Jingle. Love the colors in the 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathie: It is amazing how so much is missing in the area of crafting and sewing, Pamela over at hokkaidokudasai blogspot said sewing machines are flying off the shelves, beading supplies are hard to find.
    Jungles is such a pretty design, i do love the Patriotic Rabbit.
    I remember starting out on stamped cross stitch.
    That coconut custard looks yummy.
    Stay Healthy

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely finish even with the golf balls, er, gold balls!! I haven't stitched much this week, I am hoping for warm weather so I can stitch outside. Maybe this weekend if it isn't too cold or raining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cross stitch work. Coconut custard is one of my favorites. But no one but me like it in my house so I seldom have it. Yours looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finishing off Jingle, it's really cute. It's always fun to start on a new project and your 4th of July bunny looks like fun. Hope you got all your grading finished and final grades submitted. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy daaance!! - While that is entirely up to you, I would encourage working on the UFO just because you might actually start enjoying it as you work on it. Finishem them always gives a sense of accomplishement, but I get why you'd want to work on that cute little rabbit of yours !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on finishing up the school year! I'm sure it was incredibly stressful for teachers and students. Your Jungle cross-stitch is so fun - hope you are eventually able to find what you need to finish it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.