Saturday, August 17, 2024

A busy crafting week

I have gotten a good start on assembling my daughter's Log Cabin Star quilt (Judy Martin's Timberline pattern). I have the first four rows assembled and I have started to work on row 5. I have yet to sew any of the rows to each other. I am trying to be as precise as possible so that all of those vertical seams match up which means that each block needs to finish to 6 1/8" from side to side. I have had to do a little bit of seam ripping, but mostly they blocks are going together fairly well. 

I have almost finished stitching the white on the Prairie Schooler Santa. I just have to finish the coat trim and then there is a little bit of back-stitching. 

I think I will then try to make this and Pumpkin house into small pillows.

 I can now say that the gingerbread ornament is completed. I personalized the back and then sewed it to the front while stuffing and adding the floss hanger. 

I baked again this week. I had a yellow squash from my MIL's neighbor. We do not eat this usually so I looked for a baking recipe and found Lemon Yellow Squash Bread

Oh my is this delicious. It rivals the Lemon Coconut bread that is a favorite of mine. I won't go out of my way to buy yellow squash, but at least I have a way to use it if I get more gifted to me. 

Hubby and I drove to the east end of Long Island on Tuesday to enjoy the beautiful weather and go to one of our favorite vineyards. Marcari. We shared a bottle of wine and a charcuterie board and just sat and looked at the vineyard.



We also drove down to the beach last weekend and enjoyed a beautiful sunset. This is looking east 

and then looking west. The colors of the sky were beautiful.


I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. Looks like you are making the most of Summer .
    Lovely needlework , have fun and enjoy your week hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute gingerbread ornament. These ornaments will be treasured by your grandchildren as they add them to the tree each Christmas. Lots of seams to match in your daughter's quilt. I don't usually use pins but would be with that one! Santa looks great with the white being added to his coat. Sounds like you have had some fun dates with your husband. We try to do that too. Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Santa, and the gingerbread ornament. The bread looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Santa is delightful! I love that he has a quilt and scissors. The gingerbread man turned out great, too. Sounds like you've had some fun outings this week. There's nothing like a sunset by the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have had a fun week, stitching, crafting, getting out and about, and sipping wine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice fabrics for the quilt. Your Prairie Schooler santa is looking nice. I stitched the 2006 (I think) santa years ago and it is still waiting to be fully finished. The vineyard and beach trips sound enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ho ho ho I like the santa very much!! The beach looks so soothing and wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.