Sunday, December 31, 2023

Finishes for 2023!

I started this post in the first half of 2023 so that I could be sure to add to it with each and every finish and not have to scroll through all of my posts searching for finishes. It has worked out quite well and I think I have them all listed. 

My first finishes didn't happen until 

March

I was furiously working on completing the baby blanket for my grandson so that I could bring it with me when we visited CA. 

I still think this is adorable if I do say so myself.

March also saw the finish of another baby blanket for one of my daughter's good friends.

Her little girl was born mid-June.

April

The only finish that I had in April was the smaller bib for my grandson. This one is a cute little pup.

June

June was a productive month. I finished the Kitty Bib for my grandson.

I also added the vital statistics for his birth announcement.

I made a crocheted pup for him as well.
The Christmas stocking for his mother, my daughter-in-law was also completed.
I finished a knitted project too....a boatneck pullover for my granddaughter.

JULY

July brought the sadness of my mother's passing. Soon after though I finished my granddaughter's stocking. I still smile every time I look at this stocking. I think it is adorable.


AUGUST

In August I finished a replacement hat to give to my mother-in-law for her September 1st birthday.


SEPTEMBER

I finished the Celtic Autumn table topper that my mother had hand-pieced and I hand quilted. I used to sit next to her bed and work on this when I visited her.

September also saw the finish of the first Mill Hill Charmed Santa Face. This one is for my granddaughter. It is Joyful Santa.


OCTOBER

October saw the early finish of Father Frost! He is the second Mill Hill Charmed Santa Faces ornament that I made. This one for my grandson.

I surprised myself with two more finishes, when I decided at the last minute to make two little crocheted pups for my neighbor's daughter's new baby boy and his big brother. These were an easy craft to work on while flying to California for a visit with my son and his family.


DECEMBER

There were two finishes in December. First, I finally added the buttons to my grandson's hooded jacket. It is ready for him to wear when he grows in to it.


Just before Christmas I finished my grandson's "Waiting for Santa" stocking.

I finished three stockings this past year. Wow!

I think 2023 was a very productive year for me. I finished a total of 16 items and have several more in progress. 
I wonder what 2024 will bring. I have to find my list from last year to see what I want to concentrate on next year....or make a new list. That will be my first post in the new year.

Thank you for sharing my crafting progress throughout the year.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching this New Year's Eve. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I think I will spend some time on October Morning. I would like that to be my first finish of the new year.

Happy New Year!

Thanks for stopping by!


14 comments:

  1. My, you have beautiful finishes for this year, Cathie. A huge wow for finishing those three Christmas stockings especially as there is a lot of lovely stitching in each one. Enjoy your October Morning stitching. A Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, you have beautiful finishes for this year, Cathie. A huge wow for finishing those three Christmas stockings especially as there is a lot of lovely stitching in each one. Enjoy your October Morning stitching. A Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a productive year! Your grandchildren are certainly well loved and will cherish the things you have made for them forever. I love making gifts too. Happy New Year to you and your family! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic finishes! Clever of you to start this post at the beginning of the year. Happy new year Cathy. Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to do the same this year as it made it so much easier to post during the busy Christmas season.

      Delete
  5. I should do that - start an end of the year post with the first finish of the year and then just keep adding to it and saving! Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many fun projects! I especially love those Christmas stockings you've made. Wishing you a happy and creative New Year, Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you have had a very productive year! Congratulations on all the beautiful finishes. Happy New Year to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your year in review is SEW amazing... Precious mom of yours passing is a sad moment but thinking about her out of confusion and discomfort is a blessing too I hope!
    I LOVE the stockings and the sweaters and the ornaments... your DIL stocking is great too... but your grands stockings are just amazing and each so different!
    I love Lucas's birth announcement in full view too! Congrats on a very productive year of finishes for you to share! I hope to get my photos organized this year better... so I could do something similar 2024 new years eve!
    thanks for sharing :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Blessed New Year Cathie and Family: You have had a very good year, love the stocking for Lucas, so adorable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow well done that's alot of work going on all year .
    Happy New Year hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've enjoyed watching you working on your crafts during the year. I lespcially ove the baby blanket and embroidered bibs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cathie - I thought I had a lot of finishes this year - and so I am totally impressed with your production during 2023. Three stockings AND all the other projects, too. Wow. I am joining you from Slow Sunday Stitching, my first time linking up - I am number 22 if you want to stop by. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun parade of finished projects! You have had a very creative year and brought great beauty to the world! My favourite is still your woodland creatures stocking - adorable! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.