Saturday, December 9, 2023

Preparing for Christmas

The outside of our house is decorated. It is pretty much the same as it is every year. 

My Santas are in the front window.

It is hard to get a good photo of them.

My village is all set up. 

I added the skating rink in front this year. I bought it years ago from Avon.  I don't always put it out as it takes up a lot of room.


The village looks pretty when it is lit at night.

We bought the tree and set it up in the living room. It has lights and garland, but it still needs ornaments.  That may be tonight's project.

Tuesday I mixed up a triple batch of stuffed clams and froze them. These are a favorite appetizer for Christmas.

 You can find the recipe for them here.

I am still working on "Waiting for Santa". I have almost finished stitching the Christmas tree. 


I drove to the Button and Notion store that I was reminded of by a friend, but sadly it is no longer in business. I bought some buttons at my local yarn store. That owner told me that the button store was forced to close just recently. I have already the buttons to my grandson's hooded jacket. That is now finished and ready to give to him. I love the way it turned out with the two different yarns.

I have been doing some online and in person shopping. I'm not done yet. Hubby and my son in law are really hard to buy for. Neither of them really want anything. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I will be working on my grandson's stocking. 

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. we had gotten to the point some years ago that we just don't buy presents anymore - we always pick up what we want when we want it - and also the husband is really hard to buy for so it works out better this way - your house looks pretty - we are still working on ours - I hope we will be done tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandson’s sweater is lovely…he will be warm and cozy when he’s wearing it. His stocking will intrigue him for years to come…lots of details to look at. Your decorations are festive! Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks lovely. You have progressed so much on your cross stitch. Your grandsons jacket is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Christmas decor :). We font do much in the present realm above 12 or so years… it is a nice blessing to break bread together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks pretty and festive! I love those villages like yours - so fun to look at. The sweater for your grandson is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the stitching and the sweater .
    Your house looks wonderful .
    Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son and my husband are hard to buy for. Love your decorating, looks so festive and fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice to see your Christmas decorations. The little blue jacket turned out so nice, well done! Mmm, I've never tasted clam appetizers but I'm sure I'd enjoy one or two. Clams are not a common shell fish here, I think I've only tried them once at a posh restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The clam appetizers look really good. Do you just get the regular tuna sized can of clams? I love clams and being land locked makes the availability of fresh clams practically nil. I just need to enjoy what I can find. I love your cross stitch piece. The colors are so rich.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.