Sunday, December 17, 2023

Christmas Trees

Many years ago a local office building would put up a big Christmas tree, decorate its windows with holiday scenes and decorate its lobby too. It was a fun holiday destination each year as there was also an outdoor ice skating rink on its plaza. There hasn't been any of these for several years now. This year Hubby noticed when driving home from work that the tree was up again so we decided to take a look. Sure enough there was a big tree out front.

There was also a group of trees in the lobby.....

as well as one on the second floor lobby.

 This brought back memories of when Hubby worked for an international company with offices in Manhattan and on Long Island. Each year there was a fancy company Christmas party that we attended and twice it was held at this office building in the decorated lobbies. 

Sadly the office building no longer maintains the outdoor ice rink though the building and area for the rink are still there. 

We finished decorating our own tree at the beginning of this week. We were able to get the majority of our ornaments on it. We put the breakable ornaments up high so our little toddler granddaughter can't reach them. 

Daytime....you can see the reupholstered chairs here.

.....and at night.

Finally, I have finished stitching the Christmas tree on "Waiting for Santa".

 I have moved on to stitching the fireplace. One of the colors has already had to be frogged as I was off by one stitch at the beginning of the swath I was stitching. Sigh..... I have gotten a lot of stitching done as, unfortunately I have been sick since Thursday with what I thought was a really bad cold, but turned out to be Covid. Hubby had been sick since the previous Sunday, but tested negative on Monday. He tested positive with me on Saturday. Hubby is starting to feel better. I still feel like I have a really bad head cold. Thankfully, I had the updated shot in September.  

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon. Better to have it now than next weekend! What beautiful Christmas trees, yours included! Is there just the name and border at the top to do after the fireplace? The stocking is really cute. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you feel better soon - love the trees and all the stitching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Cathie and Family: It is sad that some people think Christmas Trees should not be in public areas, maybe that is why there was no trees for a few years, here in Minnesota its a battle, taking the Holiday Season out of everyone's life is now tradition in many areas.
    I am so happy they put up the trees, it warms my heart to hear this.
    Your stocking is amazing, I dislike frogging a design but one stitch can ruin a design sometimes.
    Your tree is beautiful, the chairs are lovely I like the color fabric on them. I hope you are both feeling better quickly.

    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you feel better soon.
    Your stitching is really wonderful . I love it .
    Also the trees are all great.
    Enjoy your week hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear you both have Covid, Cathie! That's no fun at any time of year, but especially not when you're expecting your granddaughter for Christmas. I hope you feel better quickly! I think it does help to have had all the vaccines. Your tree is just beautiful, and it's also fun to see the pretty trees displayed at the buildings you visited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Christmas tree photos are pretty. Of course, the one in your home is the nicest. Sorry you have covid. Not an ideal time of the year for that. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to read about your Covid diagnosis, we have both managed to evade it so far. In fact, had another booster just last week. Your Christmas tree looks lovely, and your cross stitch is coming along so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it seems to be going around .... again. We are ill here and so is the dog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.