Sunday, December 24, 2023

In the nick of time

 I finished the "Waiting for Santa" stocking just in time for Old St. Nick to fill it.

 

I spent part of Saturday choosing the lining fabric and then assembling the stocking. I had two fabrics in mind for the lining, but the other fabric piece wasn't large enough so this is the one I chose. It is covered with gingerbread men and peppermints.

I sewed all the pieces together and then just had to slip stitch a small opening in the lining fabric near the heal. 


I am so pleased with how the stocking turned out. Another finish for 2023!



Ta-da!


I will be joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching on Christmas Eve! Pop on over to her blog and see what other bloggers are stitching.

A Merry Christmas Eve to everyone!

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy, I've been following your progress on the Christmas stocking. It is beautiful. Merry Christmas to you and yours !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucas' stocking looks amazing! You have been getting a lot done in your retirement. I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just a few sniffles now. Looking forward to get lots of crafting done in the new year.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful finish!!! It turned out beautiful and I'm so glad you were able to finish it in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucas' stocking is gorgeous! Such beautiful stitching, Cathie! The gingerbread men and peppermints fabric looks perfect. Have a wonderful Christmas celebrating with your family. Hope you are able to enjoy lots of cuddles with your sweet Lucas and Natalie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That turned out wonderfully, Cathie! That will be a special keepsake for Lucas for sure. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on finishing this gorgeous stocking just in time for Christmas. It's been interesting watching you work away on this project. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stocking is a work of art! I think I like the finishing as much as the stitching itself! What a lot of work that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stocking was a labor of love. I am glad you like the finishing.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.