Thursday, September 21, 2023

Slow Stitching

I am writing this while watching the news on Thursday that one of 6 buses from Farmingdale School District, my alma mater, carrying students going to a band camp in Pennsylvania went off the interstate, crashed and rolled over. Two people died and dozens were injured. I don't know anyone personally involved, at least I don't think so right now, but I am so very sad. How horrifying for those children and their parents. 

I need to craft now. It will soothe my soul as usual. 

So on a lighter note, I have been crafting away. Santa's face is stitched and beaded. 


I hope to start working on his hat soon. 

I am making progress on my grandson's stocking. I am still not happy with some of the floss colors. The photo on the kit has much brighter colors than have been provided. I have looked online to see if I could see a finished stocking from someone else and I was pleased with how it looked. This is where I am right now.

 

Finally, I have finished the two fronts and the back of the knitted jacket for my grandson. I found two skeins in my stash of another variegated blue that coordinates nicely for the sleeves and the hood. 


I'm trying something new by knitting both sleeves at the same time. The knitting needles I have are quite long and allow me to do this. 

I will be joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site on Sunday to see what other bloggers are up to.

Please pray for the families and friends of those who died or were injured in that horrible bus crash. I still live nearby. 

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy, your Santa is coming along well. Doing crafts and slow stitching is the perfect remedy for sadness. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sad accident with the bus was shown on our news here also, so my thoughts and prayers go to those who have loved ones dead and injured. With regard to you knitting both sleeves together its something I always do, also with cardigan fronts. Reason? If I make a mistake in decreasing on one I'll make it on the other and at least they'll match! They also stand a chance of being the same length. I started knitting about 70 years ago but still keep this habit up. I like the blue knitting the contrast looks good. Elaine in UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought to knit the two fronts at the same time, but mine appear to be the same. That is a good thing to remember for the future. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  3. I saw the photos on the school bus accident yesterday and it looked horrifying I just feel so much for all involved with so many injuries I hope more do not succumb to their injuries

    ReplyDelete
  4. Digesting difficult news is always a challenge for me, that's were praying and knitting help me the most. Love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad to hear about the bus crash. I do the same as you…hand stitching as I pray and process the grief . You do such beautiful work, Cathie. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was a horrible accident - close to home for you. Keeping your hands busy with a craft is always soothing. Santa looks wonderful and the little boy on the stocking is really shaping up. I love the blue yarn you're using for your grandson's sweater - so pretty. Hope you had a good Sunday, Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Cathie: I remember hearing about the bus accident, I am so sorry for the loss of two lives and the others that were hurt.
    Santa is adorable, adding the beads adds so much to his face.
    The sweater is going to be beautiful, I like the idea of using a different color for the sleeves.
    I am looking forward to seeing your progress on the stocking, you have a nice start.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.