Sunday, September 3, 2023

September Slow Stitching

September began with my mother-in-law's 90th birthday on Friday. Hubby and I brought dinner to her home from a favorite Italian restaurant and celebrated with a cake for dessert. 



When we visited our son and his family last week, I brought yarn and a crochet hook and started making a new hat for my mother-in-law. I finished it in time for her birthday.


 I made the same hat for her a few years ago, but she lost it. I know she liked it a lot so I made it again. It is from a long ago Hooked on Crochet magazine.

I've been working on the Mill Hill Charmed Santa. I have finished his face and am now beading the hat.

I am pleased with how quick it is working up now that I let go of trying to get it to be perfect. I think it is looking great. I hope to finish this over the holiday weekend. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Love the Santa , and how lovely to make a hat and buy a meal for your Mother in law .
    Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don’t see any imperfections in your Santa! The beading really makes him come alive. Happy birthday to your MIL! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Santa … Happy 90 th to your sweet mother in law!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. always nice to celebrate birthdays and that cake looks wonderful and what is better than a good Italian meal - one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your MiL! That sounds like a nice way to celebrate. The hat is so cute - I bet she loves that you thought to make her a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cathie: Happy Birthday to your Mother-in-law she is adorable, the cake looks yummy.
    I have the same problem with the Mill Hill bead and stitch kits, the paper makes it hard for the threads to lay right, the beads hide the threads perfectly.
    Love the hat pretty color.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday to her! I am finishing up a christmas stocking for our granddaughter and the acrylic yarn is hurting my hands, I hope to be done today!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful to be celebrating your MILs 90th birthday, such a great achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday to your MIL. Love her hat and the Santa face is very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.