Sunday, July 9, 2023

Stitch Along

 It is time for the first stitch along update of July. I can't believe we have entered the second half of the year already. It is finally feeling like summer here on Long Island. This past week we have had temperatures in the high 80s and low 90s. We are making sure to take a dip in our pool each day.

I have been steadily stitching on October Morning despite missing my regular stitching area. I am having two club chairs and the matching ottoman reupholstered as, after 20 years, there were some holes in the fabric. Right now there is just a big open space with a lowly skirt covered table. 

Hubby and I went to pick out new carpeting on Thursday as that too is 20 years old and rippling badly in places.

This is where October Morning was for June's update.

This is where I am now. I have added many stitches to the large tree trunk as well as some leaves.


Thank you to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch Along every three weeks and sending us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world, so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post.

Avis, ClaireGunChristinaKathyMargaret,

HeidiJackieSunnyMeganDeborahSharonDaisy

CathieLindaHelen, MaryMargaretCindy

Thanks for stopping by! 


18 comments:

  1. Nice progress enjoy. hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll enjoy having the updated chairs and carpeting when it all comes together, even if things are a little disrupted in the meantime! October Morning is really coming along

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do something new with my living room furniture as well - the love seat is starting to fall apart - it must have been poorly made and in my mind the furniture takes up too much of the room - I think I could do with more floor space - we will see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to do some redecorating . October morning is just lovely. You got a lot done since your last update. Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making great progress on your fall stitchery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely autumnal colours in your cross stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great progress. We too have a suite which is 20 odd years old, and needing to be recovered. We have two x two seater sofas, an otterman and a Queen Anne chair. I am dreading how much its going to cost, but had not thought about where we will sit when it goes lol. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully we have another sofa and chair in the living room. Trust me when I tell you that reupholstering is much cheaper than buying new right now. It was going to cost us 2 to 3 times the price of reupholstery to buy new. Perhaps you can stagger the updates as long as you don't use all the same fabric.

      Delete
  8. Your home will look very smart with new carpet and the reupholstered chairs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful to have your chairs and ottoman reupholstered; and new carpet too. It will be like living in a new space. October is looking glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent progress, and a new room on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. well done on progress, and good luck with all the new carpet & reupholstery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of lovely stitching considering what you've got going on in your crafting space. Mine could do with a makeover too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh I would be lost without my regular seating area...lovely stitching progress.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Before we know it it will be fall again - yikes - loving this project, you are doing a beautiful job on it. You mentioned Long Island, I know I must have said this before or/we have had the conversation (cant really remember though) I grew up in Wantagh - now in the great NW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do believe we have talked about our mutual Long Island roots. I live in Massapequa.

      Delete
  15. I love when I hear people reupholstering rather than buying new. I am sure you'll love the results! I love this autumnal piece, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved my chairs and ottoman and they are well made furniture. When I looked at the cost of buying new, it was a no brainer to reupholster.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.