Sunday, June 25, 2023

Two finishes!

 I made a list the other day of some of the crafts that I have that are currently in progress. Two of them just needed the finishing touches. The first is the pretty sweater that I knitted for my granddaughter. All that I needed to do was weave in a few ends and sew up the side seams. The pretty confetti yarn was something I found in my mother's knitting bag.

This sweater will join two others that appear to be similar sizes. This first one was made many years ago for my daughter by my friend Randi. I was surprised to see that the stitch is actually the same one that I just used.

This crocheted pullover was made by my former sister-in-law for my daughter...also many years ago.

I will bring these to my daughter the next time we visit. They may fit my granddaughter sometime this Fall or Winter. The one I made is a 2 and my granddaughter is currently 9 months. 

I also finished my daughter-in-law's Christmas stocking! I just needed to sit down and get on with it. It took me one whole morning to cut the fabric out and stitch the pieces together.

I like the fabric that I chose for the backing. It has the blue background with Santa and a snowman and a tree.

I chose a light blue snowflake lining fabric so that there was no chance of it showing through to the cross-stitch side.


I feel a great sense of accomplisment having finished both of these projects. Two lines are checked off of my WIP list. 

I have been steadily working on my granddaughter's Christmas stocking. Santa is done now.

There is an ice patch and a reindeer to add as well as a few snowflakes. I am currently 2/3 of the way finished with this stocking. I just asked my son and his wife to look for a stocking that they would like me to make for my grandson. 

Speaking of my grandson, we visited CA last week for 5 days to meet him and lend a helping hand to the new parents. Here we are enjoying a cuddle. Isn't he adorable?!

I brought the crocheted pup that I made for him.
I guess that is actually a third finish that I have to share. 
I can tell you that I didn't want to leave. Hopefully we will be able to travel there again this summer. Of course we are always available if they need some help. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are up to. I know that I have plenty of slow stitching to keep me busy.

Thanks for stopping by!





12 comments:

  1. Wow Cathie , Congratulations on all the beautiful finishing .
    Love the baby cloths and the stockings.
    Also the little dog .
    Great photo , of you both with the new baby so cute.
    Enjoy your Sunday hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you got in a visit to see the new baby and all your projects look good - the knitted sweaters are so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that is one adorable grandbaby! So many finishes to be proud of ... love those sweaters you knit. I am particularly impressed with the cable, oh and the ruffle, oh and the puppy... such wonderful handwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute grandbaby and congratulations on all the finishes! That felt stocking is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, your new grandson is just adorable, Cathie! I can imagine that it was very hard to leave. You've had some pretty finishes recently, too. I love the sweater with the confetti yarn - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater you knitted is beautiful! I admire people who knit sweaters, the extent of my knitting is dishcloths. Grandchildren seem to grow faster than our own children did. He's a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, that's such a nice photo of you both with your new grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finishes, and adorable grandson! How nice to get to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats on all that you've finished, your needles are on fire. That photo of you with your grandson is precious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cathie, I just loved that photo of the three of you. What a gorgeous little baby too! It must have felt so wonderful to hold him. And your finishes...how neat to see the two sweaters made with the same pattern and also similar pretty wool. And what a job you have done of the Christmas stocking. What a treasure that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings Cathie: The sweaters are adorable, the confetti yarn is so pretty, the design is really pretty.
    Congratulations on finishing the stocking, you chose the perfect backing and lining fabric.
    Santas face is adorable, 2/3 of the way is great progress.
    The photo of the three of you is adorable, he is so cute.
    Love the puppy dog you made.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.