Sunday, July 23, 2023

Another finish!

I have been working steadily to finish my granddaughter's stocking. I did it! 

I even lined it. I was worried that some of the threads that were stretching from sequin to sequin might break when items are put in the stocking. I figured a lining would prevent that from happening.
Next I plan on starting a Mill Hill beaded ornament for each grandchild. I am starting with Joyful Santa.

I have sorted the floss and although it is recommended to separate the different beads I have decided that the colors are different enough that I really don't have too. 

I have been working on the baby jacket a little bit also.

The holes you see are the buttonholes not mistakes. This is an easy knit as it is garter stitch which is knit every row. 

I have been reading again also. I just finished Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. I like most of his books, but this book I loved. 

I still have several more of the Nicholas Sparks books to read that are at my mom's house. I plan to bring this one back to her house to be sold or donated and collect those books that I have yet to read. 

I am now reading Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs.

I just started it so I have no opinion of it as yet, but I did like her book "Friday Night Knitting Club" so I am expecting a good read. 

Hubby and I have been sorting and cleaning out at my mom's house some mornings and then enjoying a dip in our pool in the afternoon. Mom had 7 garbage bags full of clothes to be donated. Wow! Most were Alfred Dunner, Lands End and LLBean. Anything that was stained or had a hole was discarded. I have already collected the rest of her quilting supplies. She had a few collections: Norman Rockwell plates, ceramic birds and china cup, saucer and dessert plate sets. Of course I have some items stored in her basement that now have to make their way back to my house. Bit by bit it will all get done. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I will be starting to work on that Santa.

Thanks for stopping by!




 

10 comments:

  1. The stocking looks wonderful.
    Yes I need to start Christmas stitching for my GGC .
    I never started early enough last year .
    Lovely baby knitting to.
    Enjoy your Sunday hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathie: The stocking is lovely, so adorable, Rudolph has such a sweet face.
    The sweater is a beautiful, color.
    One of the book clubs I belong to love the Nicolas Sparks books as do I.
    I hope you have an easy time cleaning out your mother's home.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie will treasure her beautiful stocking, made with love in every stitch! Do you have one picked out for your grandson? The little sweater is coming along. I have cleaned out two houses and it was a job. Some things made us laugh, some made us cry and other things made us wonder why!!! Take care. Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you will find some things while going through your moms items that will mean a lot to you to keep and pass on to your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stocking is just adorable, Cathie! What a great Keepsake that will be! Glad you're making progress on your mom's house - that can be such a job. I think I read Friday Night Knitting Club, and enjoyed it, so will have to look for Comfort Food also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been catching up with your posts and didn't realise your mum had passed away. Sorry to hear that. Your granddaughters Christmas stocking is absolutely beautiful. It will be treasured for many years I think!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aah your Santa stocking is absolutely darling, Cathie and the baby jacket is looking fabulous. Take time for yourself as you sort through your mom's belongings. It brings about all kinds of emotions. You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful finish on the stocking! Lots of lovely projects for your grandchildren too! I still haven't gone through John's desk. Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done with the stocking finish, it really is a work of art with all those embellishments.lining it sounds very sensible. And now you are making Christmas ornaments for the grandchildren, what a sweet Granny you are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful finish and I love the plans for the next projects. Sounds like you are making progress with your mom's house.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.