Sunday, July 16, 2023

A little bit of crafting

My mother's recent passing has understandably affected my crafting. It was hard to concentrate during her last days. After her passing there were arrangements to be finalized and a full house with my son, daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter and grandpup.  

You can see my tribute to my mother here.

I did do a little bit of crafting when I needed an escape. I had been steadily working on my granddaughter's Christmas stocking and it is almost done. The final figure is the reindeer and it just needs to be sewn to the front of the stocking.

Once I sew the reindeer on all that is left are a few snowflakes and the final assembly. 

I started a new sweater for my grandson with some yarn that I got through my stitching group. First I had to determine the weight as there were no labels. It's DK weight. I was going to make a pullover, but I think he will get more use out of the cardigan that I chose. He does live in California after all. 


I am hoping I have enough yarn for the whole sweater as I am making the 18 month size. He has smaller sweaters.  If not, I will make the arms a solid blue color. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are up to. I know that I have plenty of slow stitching to keep me busy.

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. So sorry about the loss of your Mother .
    I do know the feeling , and my heart goes out to you.
    The deer loos beautiful and a great start on the baby blue Jacket.
    Enjoy your Sunday hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After my dad died, I found that sewing helped me with my grief. I needed time to think and remember. Your granddaughter will be delighted with all of the figures on her stocking . The sweater pattern is very cute and I like the variation in colour in the yarn you are using too. Take care. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little reindeer for gdaughter's stocking and the cardigan for gson is soooo cute... 18 mo size is perfect I bet too... something he can grow into... Hope you are able to make the trip to see him soon!
    In my thoughts and prayers as you grieve the loss on earth of your mom... I am sure you will miss the mom who raised you personality she lost near the end as time goes by but listen for her voice when you can... she will lead you like the Lord does my friend :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. it will help being in your routine of sewing and staying somewhat busy - wishing you the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother, Cathie, but know exactly what you mean about it also being a blessing. Your tribute post to her is lovely - she sounds like a very special person. There is a lot of work to do after a loved one passes - hope it all goes smoothly for you. So glad you can enjoy some crafting once in awhile for an escape!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your mom, I will keep you in my prayers. She sounds like she was an amazing woman. The little deer is darling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The reindeer is so sweet! I hope your hand stitching provides some comfort as you mourn your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope as the days pass you will slowly get back into crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to read about the sad loss of your Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cathie: I am so sorry about your Mother, it is a loss but a beautiful beginning for her life with Our Lord.
    Love the little deer, so sweet, I am so looking forward to seeing the stocking finished.
    The blue yarn is beautiful, I do hope you have enough to finish it.

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.