Sunday, October 30, 2022

Stitch Along Update

 On the last update I was almost finished with the birth announcement. I just had to stitch my granddaughter's name and the necessary statistics. I showed the finished birth announcement here.

Now I can show it to you framed. There is a story behind this frame. I received a call from the framer telling me that her supplier called to tell her it was discontinued and could I come back to the store to pick another frame. I told her I would be in later in the week. About half an hour later she called again to tell me that she had just received a shipment from the same supplier and, low and behold, it included the wood for the frame that I had chosen. Yay!

The framer quickly completed the framing and here is the completed birth announcement. The frame is a little rustic to go with the Woodland Animals.

So what am I working on now? I started another Christmas stocking. This is for my daughter in law who is a veterinarian.

I am hoping that I can finish it for this Christmas, so it is pretty much the craft that I am devoting most of my time to. This is where I am so far. I can't get a photo that shows that the background fabric is a pale blue. Trust me, it is.

I have already made a trip to Joann's in order to find lining and backing fabrics.

 The snowflake fabric will be the lining and the snowman fabric will be the backing....I think. I often use felt for the backing, but I think this will be better as the cross-stitch fabric is 18 count Laguna and not as heavy as 14 count Aida cloth. By the way, don't you just love that black checkered Santa fabric. I am a sucker for jolly Santas. I just had to pick it up.

Thank you to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch Along every three weeks and sending us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other talented bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post. 

AvisClaireGun, ChristinaKathyMargaret

HeidiJackieSunnyMeganDeborahSharon

DaisyAJCathieLindaHelenConnie, MaryMargaret

Thanks for stopping by! 



28 comments:

  1. Frame looks great, love your new stocking and backing materials.
    Have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stocking is going to be so cute! That raccoon is watching you stitch!!! The birth announcement frame is perfect…you are lucky the right framing wood came in. Natalie is going to love it. Gail at the Cozy Quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathy: The frame is perfect; the Sampler is adorable.
    I like the stocking design and the fabric choices are wonderful.
    Looking forward to your progress.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a cute sock you are working on and the announcement turned out so nice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the finished birth announcement... I can't wait for you to gift it to mom and dad of sweet Natalie!
    I love the stocking. Will this be a surprise to your DIL?? How fun to be a vet too! What a perfect stocking for her :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read the last four posts to catch up. Your grand daughter is precious. There is nothing like holding a newborn. I really enjoy all of your posts - a mix of family, creating and baking. My favorite topics for sure. You sure do have a lot of projects going on. The stocking is going to be gorgeous. Love the little dog - I have never crocheted a "3D" item before. It was helpful to see the individual parts as you shared in an earlier picture. Great posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the birth sampler looks gorgeous framed, and love the stocking design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The frame goes perfectly with the announcement! What a lucky baby. I love the fabrics you have chosen to compliment your new stocking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fairly easy to choose this frame. I am glad you like those fabrics. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  9. Great start on the new stocking! It sounds perfect for your DIL. You found some fun fabrics at Joann's, too. They are great for novelty prints like those Santas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful finish to the birth announcement, and what a great stocking you are working on. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hurray for the fully finished birth announcement. The frame is perfect :) Love the stocking for your daughter in law. She will definitely love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tithe frame is great and so lucky the framer came up with the one you wanted. Gorgeous Christmas stocking project. I look forward to seeing progress.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so pleased you were able to have your first choice of frame. It's perfect for the woodland scene which is BEAUTIFUL! I love the new stocking too. What a lovely choice for a vet :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I got my first frame choice also. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  14. The birth announcement is truly a beautiful piece. Of course you had to quickly start another project. There's a lot of stitching and Christmas is coming quickly, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woo-hoo the frame looks perfect for that beautiful annoucement. And the Christmas stocking is so cute, you make great progress on it. The fabrics are adorable. Have a great stitching week. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. that picture is beautiful! I enjoyed watching you work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is a fast start on the stocking, wow! The birth announcement looks fabulous with that frame, an excellent choice, and fortuitous that it showed up in the framer’s order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to finish the stocking for Christmas, but there is a whole lot left and I have to design a top border to put a name. I am stitching every chance I get.

      Delete
  18. That frame is perfect with the birth sampler. It looks great and will be a treasure. I'll be rooting for you on that stocking, which is also the perfect choice for your DIL. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the deer this morning. I am going to backstitch the raccoon and the deer today and then just keep stitching. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  19. Mary Margaret RipleyOctober 31, 2022 at 6:43 PM

    Awe! How sweet!! You are mighty busy with projects and I am sure you are enjoying every minute of it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am very busy and I am certainly enjoying it all.

      Delete
  20. Congrats on the woodland animal stitchery being frame and finished! The raccoon on the stocking continues the fun animal theme... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done on the birth announcement , it looks really lovely. You've made a good start on the stocking, its going to be fab!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.