Saturday, October 15, 2022

Miscellaneous

On the first weekend of October we traveled back to Boston to celebrate my SIL's birthday and, of course, visit our little granddaughter. On our way up to Boston we stopped at a restaurant that Hubby has wanted to try since we first started bringing our children to college many years ago.....Super Duper Weenie. 


It is a small place with picnic tables in the windowed area on the left and a counter with stools where the awning is. It is known for it's specialty hot dogs that have a wide variety of toppings. Hubby and I are not big on hot dog toppings. I just had a plain dog with spicy brown mustard (I prefer yellow mustard) and Hubby got a hot dog with mustard and sauerkraut.

We also ordered fries and shakes. Mine was vanilla, Hubby's was strawberry. I have to say that Hubby was disappointed after waiting so long to try this place. Neither of us were impressed with the just average hot dogs and the fries were nothing special. The shakes were quite good though. Yes, it is true, we didn't go for any of the dressed up hot dogs, but a good hot dog doesn't need any elaborate toppings. This is an easy off/easy on spot for food on Interstate 95 in Connecticut, but I don't think we will be stopping again.

Our trip to visit our granddaughter was wonderful. I brought Turkey meatballs and Marinara that we had for dinner on Friday. I made baked filet of sole with mashed potatoes on Saturday. 

Oh wait, you would like to see our granddaughter? She has gotten very cuddly and likes to sleep on your shoulder.

I can't believe that she turned one month old just after we visited. 

On our way home on Sunday, it was my turn to pick a place to eat. This is another roadside restaurant that we have seen for years and years on the Connecticut-Massachusetts border. It is called Travelers Food and Books.

Inside the shelves are lined with books and jigsaw puzzles. Now these books are not the latest releases, but they are for sale. 

Hubby and I each had a good old fashioned burger with fries that was just delicious. We are looking forward to going back on future trips to Boston. Next time I may look for a book or puzzle to purchase.

Speaking of books, I have been reading a lot again. I recently read Nora Roberts' books "The Awakening" and "The Becoming". They are the first 2 books of the Dragonheart Legacy Trilogy. I loved these! I am eagerly awaiting the third book which comes out in November. I really love her fantasy/witchcraft books.

On the crafting front. I finished the birth announcement and I brought it to the framer. 



Now I have to decide what to work on next. There are so many choices.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching tomorrow. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!



 


 

15 comments:

  1. I love your baby stitch so cute.
    Your GD is so beautiful.
    Yes, it seems hard to find to find a good eating place.
    We are always trying different places.
    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie is such a cute cuddler! Her birth announcement is beautiful …I love all the little animals and the family tree! She will treasure it. I read and article about the restaurant with the books. We are all big readers in our family. We can’t go by a bookstore without going in. Take care. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw...your little granddaughter is so sweet nestled on your shoulder there;)))
    Her birth announcement came out beautifully--nice work...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  4. so great to visit your family and see the baby again. That is always so much fun. have to laugh at the hot dogs - disappointing when you finally stop someplace and not like it - the books/food looks like a good place to stop

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sew excited you got to see Natalie and finish her sweet birth announcement too.... now to get it framed and added to her room! How fun that makes a trip to choose different places to stop and try out new food choices on the way up and back too! Have a fun week Cathie :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best part was having your precious Natalie sleeping on your shoulder. Her birth announcement is lovely. Have a wonderful week, Cathie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little one is adorable. So nice that you had a chance to visit. I used to live in Connecticut and the books and food restaurant was one of my favorites when traveling through the state.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby and I have been passing by that restaurant since 2007 and this was the first time we stopped. We will definitely be stopping again.

      Delete
  8. What a lovely picture of you and your granddaughter, Cathie! Sounds like a fun trip, including trying new restaurants. Your cross-stitch birth announcement turned out wonderfully! I love Nora Roberts' books, too - this new trilogy of hers has been one of my favorites. Looking forward to book #3!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lovely to visit your granddaughter and you got to try out a couple of new restaurants. The stitching will be lovely when framed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter will be visiting us next weekend. I can't wait to see the baby. So glad you like the birth announcement.

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful little baby, so sweet cuddling up to you. The birth announcement is wonderful, I love all the sweet little animals you have stitched. It's a shame isnt it, sometimes these places we really look forward to trying are disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your granddaughter is adorable, and congratulations on finishing the announcement. To bad the hot dog place was disappointing, but glad the second place was good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful baby and a gorgeous weekend!! The diner looks like fun although not too healthy, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on finishing your beautiful stitchery! And congratulations to your family on the birth of a grandbaby! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.