Sunday, March 8, 2020

Stitch-a-long

So I did it. I joined a Stitch-a-long hosted by Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea. This is a different kind of stitch-a-long. You work at your own pace on a project of your choice and post your progress every three weeks. This is right up my alley and will allow me to focus on Three Boats at least once ever three weeks...more if I want to. 
That being said, the project I am working on is Three Boats on a Tropical Beach, by Artecy cross-stitch. 
Those of you who follow my blog know that I made my son Baker Beach by the same company a few years ago. You can see that finished project here.

This is being made for my daughter and her husband, because you can't make something for one child and not give the other something similar. I owe her a quilt also.

I just recently started this project and my first session stitching on it resulted in this much being completed.....all black floss so far.
Yesterday, I spent some more time stitching and below is where I am as of today. Still all black.
Although it hardly looks like it, that was another 150+ stitches in the top left-hand corner.

Please follow the links below and visit the other bloggers who are part of this SAL:

I am also joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I think I will try to add some color to Three Boats today.

Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

  1. Welcome to the SAL, Cathie! This is a lovely piece you are working on! I think you will find this group very friendly and motivating, I look forward to getting to know you better. This may be a good time to stay home and stitch! Stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to cross stitches together! Your work is full of colors and shades,it will be nice to see it grow! Happy stitching!
    Carmela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I am looking forward to making progress on this piece and the SAL will be my motivation.

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the SAL! This one looks quite challenging with all the dark bits at the top left. I imagine it'll grow much faster when you get to the brighter colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to any color other than black.

      Delete
  4. welcome! oooh that's a nice big project for you to sink your teeth into! we'll be here to cheer you on ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look forward to those cheers over the next few years. This will take a while.

      Delete
  5. I hope the stitch along will keep us both motivated to work on our projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the stitch-a-long! I can't tell you how much this group has encouraged me and kept me motivated to work on and finish big projects. Looking forward to seeing this project grow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am sure that it will motivate me too.

      Delete
  7. Gosh your new project is a big one, but you will enjoy stitcing it as you go along. I am looking forward to seeing your progress on this pretty, each time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Cathie! This kit looks to be no small undertaking. We'll enjoy watching your progress in the coming months. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Every stitch counts! You have a busy time ahead of you, especially if you have to make your daughter a quilt also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome to the group! What a beautiful project you are starting with!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome Cathie! You will enjoy this group...no pressure at all. Just enjoy. Love your Christmas cross stitch project and this one too. I have to ask, what is a French martini? Oh and belated happy birthday too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a feeling you were going to make something for your daughter! That will be a cherished heirloom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE your Irish saying x-stitch. You're right this stitch along you're doing is a very different type. I joined one once, but really disliked not knowing what I was going to be working on, so didn't finish it out. Good luck with your plan and keep us posted how it goes. Tropical sounds so good right now, as I look out the window at the dull, blah gray.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's nice to find a stitch along that fits in with your personal goals. That's going to be a lot of stitching. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi there, welcome to the group. Will be great to follow your progress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.