Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Another finish!

Having some time off has been beneficial to my crafting.
 I have a finish!  I finally finished the scarf that matches the hat!
Here is a close-up of the stitch pattern.
 It was a very easy crocheted pattern called Soft Seed Stitch Hat and Scarf Set that I found on Ravelry. Winter is over, but I can use it next year or decide to donate the set which was the original plan.

I am now knitting an ear warmer....also no longer needed this year.
This is my first attempt at cables and was very easy to learn. It is Woven Cable Headband also found on Ravelry. I am so very happy with how it is coming along.
The yarn has a sparkly silver thread running through it. I love it. I will definitely keeping this for myself. 

I think I will be having a few more finishes and be starting several more projects as I hunker down at home. The schools here are closed for the next two weeks, but I suspect that will continue for much longer. I will be teaching my university class twice a week via an online program starting next week. I am not sure how easy/difficult that is going to be, nor do I have any idea how I will administer exams.

I am visiting my elderly mother most days as she is alone in her home. It isn't possible to bring her to my home and she is comfortable in hers. She struggles to cook dinner and can't do the laundry in the basement, so that is what I am doing for her. I will only visit the grocery store when it is necessary and I am cancelling all unnecessary appointments. 

Please follow the guidelines and stay healthy.

Thanks for stopping by!













4 comments:

  1. yes the world has gone mad - I feel like we are in the middle of one of the end of the world movies - especially when you go to the store and the shelves are empty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely hat and scarf such a lovely blue.
    Yes it,s strange times and we have to make the best of it .
    Stay safe ,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to be a bit more productive in my creating. That requires me to watch less news! Love your hat and scarf, and I hope your mom stays okay :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathie: Beautiful blue knitted set.
    You are so lucky to be able to knit, I have tried just cannot get the knack of it.
    Stay healthy.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.