Sunday, March 1, 2020

A new decade

No I am not talking about the 2020's. I am talking about the fact that I have entered the next decade of my life. I turned 60 this past week. Where has the time gone? Some days I feel my age, but other days I feel like I am still in my 30's. 

Hubby and I went out to dinner last weekend and I enjoyed one of my favorite cocktails....a French Martini.
My children came in to visit this weekend and we enjoyed another celebratory dinner at a favorite nearby restaurant....Thom Thom
As you can see, Hubby surprised me by inviting some friends to join us! What a fun time.

I received some wonderful gifts. Hubby found these gorgeous earrings!
My son and daughter coordinated to give me this game that I can't wait to try....
as well as this beautiful purse from Brynwood Needleworks
I follow this blog and love the one of a kind items in Donna's Etsy shop. 

My dear friends know me well and gave me wonderful gifts.
A new organizer tote with matching scissors for my yarn projects, a box where I can cross-stitch the lid (inside was a Joann's gift card) and a pretty bracelet with teal and purple stones....two of my favorite colors. 

I am truly blessed with wonderful family and friends.

Now that we have that momentous occasion out of the way. I did make some small progress on Jingle this week. I finished both of the holly leaves below the bird. 
I also started the green ribbon that will run along the bottom right corner.  

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I will be visiting with my family and trying out that game, but I just might add a few stitches to something.

Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday--I can see that you had a wonderful celebration with friends--how super!! hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday the years fly by don't they - nice gifts that you got - I'm 67 and I wish the years would slow down

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Looks like you got some great gifts and had some good times. Beautiful stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I'll be joining you in that new decade this week! It certainly looks like you had a great time and received some lovely gifts too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! What wonderful gifts you received!
    Enjoy your celebrations and your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PS.... I had to google french martini because I love martinis and haven't heard of that one... sound yummy!
    AND.. I had to google Sagrada... looks like a fun game!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! It looks like your family and friends did a wonderful job celebrating you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post today Cathie! Congrats on a milestone birthday too <3 Looks like you and your fam and friends all had fun! I love the cross stitch you shared. Each of your gifts seems to already have found a nice home in your life.. that is sweet! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, happy birthday. 60 isn't so bad. I turn 73 next month. I did get pensive about turning 70. But not 60! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! What a wonderful birthday spending some time with friends and family and getting thoughtful gifts. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wishing you a very happy 60th birthday. So nice that you had a great time celebrating with family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The happiest of birthdays, to you! Turning 60 is always a momentous occasion. It looks to me as if you have enjoyed the best of celebrations. You certainly were gifted some beautiful gifts. Those earrings are gorgeous, aren't they and ooh....those bags....both so pretty. As for your Jingle cross stitch it is coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday , now the years do fly by .
    I wish I could stop time .
    Lovely gifts from family and friends .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! What a wonderful celebration, and so many great gifts! I think and feel like you. Where have the years gone and at the same time I feel like I am in 30 "s. (We were born the same year; but I am in August)
    Beautiful stitching! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. happy birthday!!! Based on the gifts you received you are loved immensely! I wish you lots of health and happiness into the next new decade.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.