Sunday, March 15, 2020

Changing times

I am staying home a lot more these days. The university where I teach was one of the first to close as there was a student with a possible case of coronavirus. They tested negative, but we had a week of classes basically canceled and now we are entering Spring Break. Following that, we are moving to online instruction. There is a learning curve there for me, but Hubby has already conducted a couple of classes using the online tool and will help me get up to speed to continue teaching my students.

The school district that I work at has not yet closed down, but will have two days at the beginning of the week just for faculty and staff to learn online instruction. I don't teach at the school....I work as more of a full time tutor so I don't know why I need to attend these days. I am not sure what will happen after these first two days. I would rather not have go in as both Hubby and I are the primary aides to our elderly mothers. I don't want to be carrying the virus into their homes. Both of them are staying home..no shopping, unnecessary doctor's or hairdresser appointments. 

I hope all of you stay healthy. Keep washing those hands!!

On a lighter note, I received a wonderful gift from Gail at The Cozy Quilter. A few weeks ago she showed three beautiful table runners that she had finished and was planning on donating. I absolutely adored one of them. Gail very kindly gifted it to me and it has a new home on my kitchen table where I can enjoy it every day.
 Here is a pic without the candle.
Isn't this gorgeous!


I have had some time to cross-stitch after my high-school job as a result of all the above. I added quite a few stitches to Jingle.
I have almost finished the ribbon that goes around the corner. I have started the berries near the bird....I got tired of stitching green. 

I also added just under 100 more stitches to Three Boats. I am finally adding some color. Not much....but some.
You can see that beautiful bright blue that I have laid out. That is the next color that I will be adding! Finally some brightness. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I will be adding some stitches to Jingle today. 

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy your Sunday stitching it's looking great.
    Love the table runner.
    Stay safe .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree totally and understand your concerns about caring for both your mothers. Fortunately, they are in their homes which makes them less vulnerable to CV than if they were in a facility. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get on with the online teaching. My daughter and SIL have been doing it for weeks and despite the UK/china time difference seem to be doing ok! That table runner is lovely, lucky you! Isn't it exciting when you change colour on a cross stitch project? Keep healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I work in China and my school has been shut now for 8 weeks! I really hope things sort themselves out soon.
    Your stitching is lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you and your family well be well. Surely with so many taking precautions early it will help cut down on all the sick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely table runner, and stitching. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a generous gift from Gail... enjoy that wonderful treat!
    It looks great on your table!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are unprecedented times, aren't they. Hopefully with good hygiene practices, self isolation if you have CV and a sensible attitude those who are vulnerable will be safe. You have done lovely progress on your cross stitching this week. How lovely of Gail to gift you the beautiful runner. Enjoy your slow stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a substitute teacher in Ohio. Our schools ended on Friday, 3/13, with a mandated three weeks off directed by our governor. I'm going to use the extra sewing time as well. I sub in four different districts. Earlier this week the ONE student in the news in our county that was in our local news self quarantined himself because his father is the ONE person in our county that tested positive. I did not have the student in my class, but I did have classmates of the student in my classes. Close call? We shall see. Good luck with the online teaching. Hope it all goes smoothly for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.