Sunday, March 22, 2020

Spring is Here!

I am sitting here in my living room writing this post and listening to the birds sing in the early morning. Spring is here! The cold weather may not be cooperating, but nature is. I have had one lonely crocus ...
and the first daffodils bloom in my yard.
These are out front with andromeda blooming behind them.
 These I can see from my kitchen window.
I truly love daffodils. There should be plenty more emerging over the next few days.
I did some baking this week in order to use up the buttermilk I bought to make Irish Soda Bread. These are Irish Soda Scones and they are oh so delicious.
They have a powdered sugar glaze with orange rind that adds just the right hint of sweetness. I used raisins instead of currants and left out the caraway seeds as I don't like them. Yum...
I have been getting a fair amount of stitching completed with all this social distancing.
I finally added that bright blue to Three Boats.
It still doesn't look like much, but it is just the beginning.
I also added more red stitching to Jingle.
You can see that I added the last word of the saying "go" and started the J in the second Jingle. I had actually finished that J and then realized that although the top row was correct every other row was one stitch too far left. I had to "unstitch" all that and start over. As you can see, I didn't get to finish it again.
I borrowed a library book to my Kindle. 
Cover art
I have read this book before, but it is easy reading and easy to lose yourself in the story. I decided that was just what I needed right now. I think I will read the entire trilogy plus one in order to keep my mind engaged. I have also been enjoying watching "Too Cute" on Animal Planet and of course some good old Hallmark movies. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I will finish that J for Jingle today and maybe move on the to rest of the word.

Stay safe, stay healthy and stay home.

Thanks for stopping by!


15 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are have a nice busy week... I love listening to birds early in the morning too <3
    Enjoy your book trilogy and redoing your cross stitches :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your daffodils and those delicious looking scones...
    and of course your hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those scones do look yummy. My DH has been baking, but we are having trouble buying flour now so I will make the most of them! It's lovely to hear the birds and see the daffodils and new shoots popping there heads up. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love seeing the flowers I think as spring comes to more areas everyone will feel a little better just seeing the blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm excited about spring too! I have the triology that my daughter gave me for my last birthday. I really need to start reading them and maybe now that the weather has changed I can read a bit each day while enjoying the screened porch! Maybe some scones and crossstitching too, they all sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful flowers and stitching! The scones look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bright cheery daffodils. Spring has still arrived. Enjoy your hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathie: Your flower photos make me want spring to get here in a hurry.
    I have had to rip out whole rows myself not a fun task.
    I love the looks of the Christmas design.
    Your scones look yummy.
    Stay Healthy.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to see flowers blooming! We're not that far along yet in my part of the country, and I love daffodils! I bet it feels good to see progress on your boats stitchery - I know you've stitched a lot in that spot, but it takes awhile to get to where something takes shape. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Flowers do so much to make the day brighter! You've had a productive week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How bright and happy daffodils are. Spring is beginning to perform for you. Lovely progress on your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen that book and have passed it over, but now I'm thinking I might read it one day based on your liking. I need 'easy' right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Exciting isn't it when flowers start to bloom. I have only Daffodils so far, but it's nice to look out and see yellow instead of the gray drab of winter. You're keeping busy between the yard and your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The daffodils are drooping with all the rain, but their bright yellow color still makes me smile.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.