Sunday, July 7, 2024

Our Anniversary

Hubby and I are celebrating our 39th anniversary today. Weren't we cute? 

We just returned home last night from a week in California visiting our son, daughter-in-law and grandson. No photos yet. 

Since we were traveling across the country, I needed a craft to work on during the trip. When I wrote this post....before we left...I had yet to decide whether I should bring a small whole cloth quilting project. Only one thread to deal with, but a 16.5" by 16.5" pattern. 


Believe it or not, this photo is after I gave it a good, dry ironing. The pattern is water solulable so I can't steam it. 

My other option is to work on a Prairie Schooler Santa cross-stitch project. I'm planning on stitching the top one with the quilt. I think this was probably what I choose to travel with.

I had started on the border blocks of the Log Cabin Star (Judy Martin's Timberline) quilt before we left. Each block has seven logs and each log has two pieces. These do not sew up as quickly as I had hoped. I decided to work on all 28 of the "W" block at once to ensure that all the fabrics are random. 

Since this phote was taken, I have added that fifth log to all 28 blocks.

We are now in the month of July, so it is time to start working on my grandchildren's ornaments. I will be making two of the felt ornaments in this kit.

I think the gingerbread man and house will be made this year. Or maybe the candy cane instead of the house. I haven't decided yet. 

I will be joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!


9 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary , what a great photo , you look a lovely couple . I must start my Christmas stitching to soon.
    Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I also got married in the puffy sleeves and big permed hair! I hope you had a wonderful time on your trip to visit your son and his family. Lots of slow stitching projects to choose from for your trip. Take care. Gail at the Cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy all your lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on 39 years - time flies for sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Hope you're having a wonderful time with the family! Each of your project choices looks like fun - you can't go wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 39th Anniversary, we celebrated 40 years last year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary Cathie and Husband, you are so pretty and he is so handsome.
    I hope you had an amazing time in California, I am looking forward to seeing the Log Cabin Quilt finished, the colors are lovely.
    I love the Prairie Schooler Santas, I should stitch some soon, I like working with felt, the ornaments are adorable.
    I hope you had a great Fourth.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy anniversary!! You two are CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.