Saturday, July 20, 2024

256 blocks completed!

Yes, you read that right. I have finally finished piecing all 256 blocks for the Log Cabin star quilt (Judy Martin's Timberline) that I am making for my daughter. This is what my second floor landing looked like this morning.


 I laid out two of the borders and the center 4 blocks first and then started playing around with all the other blocks. I came up with a few options. My daughter likes this one...


and this one:

Personally, I think the corner stars will get lost on the sides of the bed.

She asked me to tweak the one below for another option which I will work on Sunday. She wants to see what it would look like with the stripes repeated from the outer stars to the corners instead of the repeat of the center. It's funny, I had set that up, but never took a photo. Darn. 

I sent her this one from the internet as another option. 

This is too busy for my taste.

The reason I was able to get all the blocks pieced is because it has been too darn hot to do much else during the day. Hubby and I visited the local beach and walked the boardwalk one night. On Friday, the heat and humidity finally broke a little bit and we were able to visit the local county park, walk the pathway near the water and look out over the bay. It was low tide and a bit smelly though. We didn't sit all that long. 

You can see the Jones Beach water tower and theater in the distance below.



I have also spent a little time working on the gingerbread man ornament. I am getting ready to add the green buttons.



I will be joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by! 

9 comments:

  1. Magnífico trabajo y muy difícil elegir una opción porque todas son preciosas. BESICOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! Your daughter's finished log cabin star blocks look amazing, Cathie! Now for you to decide on the placement. Have fun playing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always like the Timberline pattern but haven't made one yet. All the settings are nice but my personal favorite is the one your daughter requested. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many options for the layout of a log cabin quilt. Your daughter will be thrilled to have this quilt on her bed. Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow - this is going to be gorgeous, Cathy! Congratulations on getting all the blocks done! It's fun to see the different layout possibilities. Which one is your favorite?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilt! It has been 104-108 here, mostly just staying inside and sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a whole lot of blocks, and lots of options to consider.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.