Sunday, June 30, 2024

Second June Stitch Along Update

After several days of no air conditioning on our second floor, it was finally fixed on Tuesday. I sit on the second floor landing, in front of a large window, when working on Three Boats. It has great light and I can place the lap stand on the loveseat to work on my stitching. 

 Needless to say, it was way too warm up there to work on Three Boats for any length of time. This is where I was with my stitching three weeks ago. 

I tried to make up for the lost stitching time this week and added quite a bit of stitching since Tuesday. Of course I was able to stitch in the week before the A/C went out. I like my progress so far. The fronds on the palm tree on the left are almost finished.

I hope to be able to finish this page by the end of July. I think that should be easily doable. 

This Stitch along is hosted every three weeks by Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea who kindly sends us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world, so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post. We are welcoming Helen back after a brief break.

Avis, ClaireGunChristinaKathyMargaret,

 JackieSunnyMeganDeborahSharonDaisy

CathieLinda, MaryMargaretCindy, Helen

Thanks for stopping by! 

8 comments:

  1. Well done it is looking lovely ,
    Have fun hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You got quite a bit done despite the A/C repair break! Looking good! Gail at the Cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathie: This is a boatload of stitch's, so sorry your air condition went out, I find it hard to stitch if it is too warm.
    Lovely progress on your stitching.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely see that palm tree is nearly done. Lots achieved despite your AC being out of action! Sarah quilting by the sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I added some more stitches today. Right now it is a lot of confettie stitching.

      Delete
  5. You really made some awesome progress despite the heat. Looking great. Have I ever mentioned I grew up in Wantagh? Always love reading about my old stomping grounds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you have mentioned that you grew up there. I have lived in Massapequa all my life.

      Delete
  6. hmm just commented and not sure if it went thru so, 2nd try, You really made some fabulous progress despite the summer heat.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.