Sunday, April 7, 2024

First April Stitch Along Update

These last 3 weeks went by way too fast and also awfully slowly. Since our last update, Hubby and I visited our son and his family in California for 4 days and came home sick on Palm Sunday. I finally started feeling somewhat better on Easter (no celebration though) and I finished my antibiotics yesterday. Hubby is still feeling very rundown, but no longer coughing. Never the less, there was little to no crafting happening for almost 2 weeks. That being said, this is where I was on Three Boats for the last update. 


This is where I am now. 

I thought I would have this page completed by the end of March, but I am almost there. Here is a closeup of the last page that starts just under the boat.

 Those stitches you see at the bottom are the bottom of the page. There has been an awful lot of confetti in this stitching and well....I was sick. Hopefully this page will be finished by the next update, but no guarantees.

Thank you to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch Along every three weeks and sending us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world, so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post.

Avis, ClaireGunChristinaKathyMargaret,

 JackieSunnyMeganDeborahSharonDaisy

CathieLinda, MaryMargaretCindy

Helen is taking a break for now. We will miss her posts.

Thanks for stopping by! 

 

18 comments:

  1. Oh dear Cathie , sorry to hear you have both been ill.
    Hoping you will be better soon .
    Good you got to stitch on your WIP it;s looking lovely..
    Hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those confetti stitches take a long time but they give lots of depth to the picture. Glad you are feeling better. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear you have been poorly -- but glad to hear you're on the mend. I love your Three Boats piece -- all of that confetti stitching is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the confetti stitching is worth it, but there are way to many singleton stitches in this small area.

      Delete
  4. Traveling and getting sick is so YUK but glad to read you're on the mend. I know you'll catch up with the stitching. It is looking really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you are finally feeling better; it’s no fun at all to come home sick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better now, though another cold may be brewing.

      Delete
  6. I hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you and the husband are feeling much better, and well done for almost finishing the next page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are better, though I may have another cold brewing. Could be allergies.

      Delete
  8. this is what happened to me in December when I was ill, the lingering was awful and I did 2 rounds of antibiotics then had to treat thrush 2 times. May you and your husband feel better soon and have complete IMMUNITY.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cathie: I am so sorry you were ill, I hope you both are back to perfect health quickly.

    Hugs
    Catherine🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you and your husband have been poorly :-( I hope you're both feeling much better soon. Well done on the confetti!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you had a good time at son's I spite of getting ill after and wish you and your hubby swift recovery! You still made impressive progress and the shades of the sand are really coming together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We thoroughly enjoy visit our son and his family. Our grandson is getting big so fast. We only see him every 3 months.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.