Sunday, March 3, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

My slow stitching has been....well...slow lately. I have added more stitches to the cross-stitched/embroidered apron. I am almost done with the words. I don't dread working on the letters any more as I seem to have finally mastered the stem stitch. 

I hope to have this finished by my next post. 

I tried a few different approaches when joining the pieces of the final two logs of the Log Cabin Star blocks. First, I am no longer trimming both ends of the red diamonds as the pattern calls for. I am hoping to give myself some extra wiggle room in the end. I have also decided that instead of joining the white and red diamonds together first, I am joining the white diamond to the green trapezoid and then adding the red diamond last. It seems to be a better approach and the next to last log was attached with much less angst. 

I am now working on adding the last log of each block using the same method. 

I finished yet another puzzle. 

I think I may keep this puzzle for the grandkids to try in the future. It is cute. I have already disassembled it and started another one. This next one is frustrating as it is a whole lot of green pieces. 

 You can see from the box photo that there are also scattered white and purple flowers in that green.

I have been working on it steadily. Yesterday's rainy day made it near impossible to decipher where the pieces should go. I won't be keeping this puzzle once I complete it.

I am glad I am working on this on the white desk in my daughter's room. I want to finish it by Wednesday as my daughter and granddaughter are coming to visit later next week and will stay in that room. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Grab yourself a cup of tea or coffee and pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

  1. Great stitching on all.
    Love the puzzles , I am near finishing my new one.
    Enjoy your week , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for figuring out an easier way to do that y seam on the log cabin blocks! The rest of the blocks should be a breeze now! The apron is nearly done. We did not work on our puzzle much lately. That’s a lot of green pieces….
    Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lovely wine project is progressing and how nice you are more confident with stem stitching. I admire you stitching the Log Cabin star blocks...it sounds tricky. I too am working on a jigsaw. Another calming kind of activity, I find. Happy Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your design for the apron is fun - glad you mastered that stem stitch! That's another one I'm not real fond of either. The log cabin blocks are looking good - are you getting close to finishing all that you need? I love your puzzle with the animals! The newest one does look very challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great projects. That puzzle looks challenging with all the green pieces! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Cathie: Love puzzles so relaxing to do.
    Conserve Water Drink Wine, love it, I had a tough time with the stem stitch I first tried finally caught on, it was not easy for my mind at first.
    Your quilt will be beautiful when finished, I am not a quilter maybe some day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you in mastering satin stitch. Satin stitch can be hit and miss with me. I admire those who can figure out jigsaw puzzles where one colour is predominant. It sounds as if you've come up with a solution that will make the assembling of your log cabin blocks with less angst. This is going to be a fabulous quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.