Sunday, March 17, 2024

March Stitch Along Post

 The last time I posted, I was almost finished with the third of 24 pages. This is what it looked like 3 weeks ago.

I had hoped that I would have the 4th page done by this post, but my daughter and toddler granddaughter came for a visit and this project was put away for a few days. I have made a good deal of progress on it though. The third page is completly filled in and I am well into the 4th page. It was helpful that there was a whole lot of one particular color that could be completed before changing floss colors again. I am working with a lot of flosses that are similar in color right now. It makes counting carefully imperative.

This is where I am after three weeks of stitching.


 I don't think I will finish this page this month as we have a trip planned and this is not at all portable.

Thank you to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch Along every three weeks and sending us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world, so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post.

Avis, ClaireGunChristinaKathyMargaret,

 JackieSunnyMeganDeborahSharonDaisy

CathieLindaHelen, MaryMargaretCindy

Thanks for stopping by! 

20 comments:

  1. It's growing Cathie, and looking wonderful.
    I love this time of the year working on my UFOs
    I just stitch a few stitches on them each week , then change to another , so I don't get fed up with it.
    Have a wonderful Sunday hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot done over the last three weeks! Those colours would be very hard to discern when they are just little x’s on your cloth. Have a wonderful time on your trip. I’m sure a portable project will come along with you. Take care. Gail at the Cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a pretty piece you are stitching

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot think of any better excuse for putting away the stitching than a visit from a toddling grandchild. Having said that you are progressing at a rate of knots and I am green with envy to hear you had a whole block in one colour. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having our granddaughter visit is the perfect excuse for putting away needles. I did enjoy stitching about 6 lengths of floss in one color. So satisfying to make a lot of progress without changing colors.

      Delete
  5. I'm sure your counting method has a lot to do with how much you've managed to accomplish! It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never seen a cross stitch with so many pages. It would be hard to differentiate those colours threads. Nice you were able to stitch large areas in one colour. How lovely your daughter and granddaughter visited you for a while. I imagine Natalie has grown quite a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet you had fun with your daughter and granddaughter there, and didn’t even miss the stitching! That is a beautiful and detailed piece, though - I can just imagine that switching around to all those different sand colors is challenging. Congratulations on the progress you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Putting this up while the sweet toddler visited makes perfect sense! You still made excellent progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still you have stitch a lot. Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a lot of confetti stitching. You've got loads of patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love to stitch, but these large pieces do take some patience.

      Delete
  11. not easy on the eyes, all those colours that look so similar, but well done for moving onto the next page of chart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to add more stitches on Sunday. I am hoping to finish this page by the next update.

      Delete
  12. I have such admiration for you tackling this project with all those tone on tone color flosses. Your work is always beautiful. Our grandchildren visits are a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Thankfully a few of those peach colors are distinctive enough to help me find my place. I also rely a lot on the grid that I have added. I love my grandchildren visits.

      Delete
  13. Cathie: Nice progress, this is a very beachy scene, looking forward to seeing the finished design.
    Having family visit is such a treat.

    Catherine☘️

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Cathie: Nice progress, it reminds me of Mexico when we were standing by boats on the sand, so warm and welcoming.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.