Sunday, February 25, 2024

Slow Sunday Stitching

Last weekend we visited our daughter and her family in Boston. We finally got to celebrate her 30th birthday....three years late. Hubby and I had always planned to take her to dinner and a Broadway show in NYC. The pandemic obviously changed our plans. So this year we celebrated in Boston. We ate dinner at a fabulous restaurant, Estella, that was just around the corner from the Boston Opera House where we saw "The Book of Mormon". It was irreverent, but hilarious. We absolutely loved it. 

Of course we also were able to visit with our son-in-law and granddaughter the rest of the weekend. We even went to our granddaughter's gym class before leaving on Monday. 

There was a beautiful sunset over Manhattan as we crossed the bridge on our way home to Long Island. Please excuse the blurred black suspension cable.

I have been trying to finish more of the UFOs that are hanging around. I did add a piece of fabric to the back of the stitching on the wooden box that I showed you here. I had a scrap of coral colored fabric and I just used some spray fabric adhesive to secure it. Now I won't worry about any of the stitches coming loose. That is all done now. Yay!

I am trying now to finish the embroidery on this apron. I still have to finish the cream colored cross-stitching. I also have to use the stem stitch to finish the words. I like the cross-stitching, but I just don't enjoy stitching the letters of the words. I am trying to go back and forth and do two or three lengths of floss of the stem stitch and then do one length of cross-stitch. I have finished the "D" and am currently working on the "r".  

I have made this apron once before for and I no longer remember why I decided to buy the kit and make it again. I think I will finish it and keep it for a future hostess gift. I have plenty of aprons of my own and really don't need another.

I completed another puzzle. This one is of the White House in Washington, DC. It had all of its pieces, but some of the tabs were starting to lift up. I tried to glue them down somewhat before I sealed this puzzle up for donation. 

I worked on some of the Log Cabin Star blocks, but didn't yet finish the next 10. 

I will be joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. 

Thanks for stopping by!


5 comments:

  1. I received a puzzle for Christmas and I have yet to start it other than taking all the outside edge pieces out and putting them in a little bag so I can start from the "frame"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend in Boston sounds so fun, Cathie! Glad you were finally able to make that celebration happen. The apron stitching is cute - someone's going to love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cathie! I love that you got to take your daughter out on the town in Boston and see a show … I’m sure gym class was fun… that sunset was worth that time of day drive home… better Monday that Sunday over the bridge I think.
    Have a fab week Cathie s as nd kick out the rest of your letters before you wash out the blue and prepare it as a gift for a future someone! :)
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely 30th belated birthday celebration. I love your cross stitch apron, although I am not a wine drinker. As you say, this would make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday to your daughter! we are seeing that show in Pittsburgh. I cannot wait.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.