Sunday, November 5, 2023

Slow Sunday Stitching

I finished the toe pattern on Waiting for Santa.

 Now I want to fill in the stitching above the red edge. I have started adding some backstitching so that I can turn the scroll. 

I have attached the arms and sewn all the seams on the knitted jacket. I have started knitting the hood. I figure I have to knit around 70 rows. I am using the darker blue for the hood. 

I looked for cute buttons for the jacket at the fabric store the other day (you can read about that here), but they didn't have anything that interested me. I will go back when the jacket is completed and bring it with me.

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Grab a cup of tea or coffee and stop by her site to see what other bloggers are stitching.

Thanks for stopping by!


13 comments:

  1. Great progress Cathie on your stitching and knitting.
    Have a fun Sunday , hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on the stocking and the sweater! You will have both done for Christmas! Keep on stitching!!! Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the stocking toe! That’s a LOT of progress! Enjoy finding buttons… I have a HUGE tin of buttons… new and vintage! Let me know if you wanna see pics of whatever you are wanting in the diameter and style you are looking for!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  4. The stocking design is such a cute one! Love the sweater, too - it's such a pretty color of blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stocking is looking fabulous, Cathie. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sewing and the little sweater, I have hundreds of buttons but why is it we can never find exactly the ones we need. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Great progress on the stocking and the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautiful Christmas embroidery! nice knitting too! Hope you find buttons that you like and that match the jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. A friend reminded me of a local notions shop. I think I will find the buttons there.

      Delete
  9. Sew fun to see sweaters being knit. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. buttons are so hard to find these days. Whenever I am in a store I stock up on neutrals and the traditional pinks and blues hoping that they will match a future knitting project.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.