Sunday, June 4, 2023

June is here!

June is here and so is my new grandson! Lucas Matthew arrived this past week. He weighs 6 lbs. 15 oz and is 20.5 inches long. 

I have finished the large kitty bib. I don't know why, but this just seemed to take a long time to stitch. 

Now it needs to be washed and ironed. I will be bringing it with me when travel to CA to meet my grandson.

I have to stitch his name and statistics on the birth announcement now. I charted it all out yesterday. I want to bring that to CA also and find a framer out there to finish it. I will share it when it is finished.

I have been steadily working on the Christmas stocking for my granddaughter. Santa is well on the way to being completely stitched. 

His face was somewhat small to work with when embroidering.

I spent the Memorial Day weekend planting my flowers. My MIL had bought a flat of begonias for me for Mother's Day so those were planted along the edge of the back yard flower bed. 

Some of them were planted in this pot too. I also bought the perennial Thrift which you can see to the right.

I only bought one tomato plant and a zucchini plant for veggies. We will be traveling a bunch this summer and I don't want to have to rig up too many watering systems. 

The rest of the pots contain salvia, petunias, impatiens and a few others.


I always plant geraniums in the two pots at my front entrance. It faces South and they do well there.

We bought 2 double bloom impatiens hanging baskets that are hanging beneath our Kousa dogwood tree. It is in full bloom right now.


I planted more than I planned to, but less than last year. I do love seeing flowers on my deck. 

I am joining Kathy for some Slow Sunday Stitching. Grab a cup of tea or coffee and pop on over to her site to see what other bloggers are stitching. I have a birth announcement to finish.

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. Congratulation's on the birth of your GS .
    Always a happy time.
    Love the bib , and all those beautiful flowers you have in your garden .
    Enjoy your Sunday hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the birth of Lucas Matthew, Cathie !!!
    The kitty bib is so pretty. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the birth of your grandson! I'm not surprised the kitty bib took such a long time to sew, there is a lot of work in it! Your garden tubs and garden look lovely. The cliff top where I live is full of sea thrift. I've never thought to look or it in the garden centre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the new arrival. The stocking is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely new grandson to meet and enjoy, The garden is looking good, great idea not to have a lot to maintain if you travel a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't normally travel a lot, but our new grandson is in CA and our granddaughter is in MA. If we add a vacation that will be a lot of time away.

      Delete
  6. that is a tiny face to embroider! Congratulations on a new grandchild and when you are able to visit it will be so much fun. Your garden is looking lovely

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your new grandson, Cathie! I bet you can hardly wait to meet him! The kitty bib looks adorable and so does the stocking. Beautiful plantings in your yard, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your plants are all beautiful… congrats Grammy for a second time!!! That bib is darling too! Enjoy finishing his stats now!!! Call local shops like fabric or stitch specialty stores to see who does the best job!
    Have a great Sunday… enjoy stitching and watering your flowers and plants!
    Love Natalie’s stocking too.. your Santa face is amazing!!!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the arrival of your grandson!!! I’m sure you can’t wait to meet him! The bib is so cute and Natalie’s stocking is adorable, just like her. Santa’s face looks tricky to sew. Lovely flowers. I like lots of flowers on my patio too. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your new grandson! Lovely stitching, and stocking is coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the birth of your grandson. Such wonderful news! The kitty bib is adorable. With all those stitches I can well imagine the stitching of it taking a while. The stocking is looking fabulous. All your plants/flowers are looking lush and healthy...obviously loving the warm weather of June. I love geraniums. They are such happy flowers and just keep on blooming. Ours here in The Fernery bloom all year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your new grandson, Lucas Matthew! Hugs to you all!
    Your bib has tons of detail stitching that add to its charm.
    One of these days I will be making stockings…yours are so inspiring! That was a small face to stitch!
    Your garden is lovely – such variety of plants, pots and color!


    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Cathie! You have some lovely flowers, very bright and welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations on the new babe! Very exciting news! Such a sweet bib you made! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A new grandson, how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.