Sunday, June 18, 2023

June Stitch Along Update

It is Father's Day here in the US. This is the first year of celebrating my husband as a Grandpa and my son and son-in-law as dads! Our family has expanded with 2 grandchildren in one year. It's a wonderful thing!

So far the weather in June has been fairly cool here. Not a lot of lounging on the back deck or sitting on the front porch. That means I've been inside doing a bunch of stitching on October Morning and other crafts. 

Here is where October Morning was for the last update.


There is a big tree trunk just above the mailbox that I have added many stitches to. I have also started adding a branch to the left. There is a whole lot of brown stitching to complete. I am also filling in some other colors as I move up the tree trunk. I hope you can see the progress.

It is really filling in now.

Thank you to Avis at Sewing Beside the Sea for hosting this Stitch Along every three weeks and sending us the needed posting reminders. 

Grab yourself a cup of coffee or tea and take some time to visit the other bloggers below who are part of this stitch-along. There is a wide variety of stitching projects. These talented stitchers are from all over the world, so please allow for the time differences and check back for each post.

Avis, ClaireGunChristinaKathyMargaret,

HeidiJackieSunnyMeganDeborahSharonDaisy

CathieLindaHelen, MaryMargaretCindy

Thanks for stopping by! 

22 comments:

  1. October morning is so pretty. You got a lot done recently! Happy Father’s Day to all the Dad’s. Gail at the Cozy Quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really coming along nicely, Cathie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Father's Day to your family! That's so special for you all. Great to see your progress on October Morning - it's a pretty one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous piece!!!! and maybe a fall finish too?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very special Father's Day for your husband, son and son-in-law. October Morning is continuing to delight. More lovely stitching...lots of progress to be seen. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for blogging today Cathie!!! I hope you are enjoying this piece! I can SEE the progress!!!
    You will be enjoying this in autumn this year maybe!!!
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful that Fathers Day is extra special with two new grandchildren in th family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great progress , have fun, hugs June.

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely autumn colours on this piece ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, beautiful Cathie! What part of the US are you in again? It's been cool here too in NY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live on Long Island. It was also cool in Carlsbad, CA the past few days.

      Delete
  11. That's a lot of difficult stitching done this time. There's no mistaking it's an autumnal design. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Father's day! I spent the day at my dad's house and it's a miracle he is alive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love this! I've been itching to work on something autumnal, but maybe I'm just a little tired of my holly leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your holly leaves are so pretty though. I understand getting tired of the same thing. That is probably why I have been working on October Morning for a few years now.

      Delete
  14. This is so pretty, Cathie. I love the colours I think so much because I love autumn. And you are progressing nicely too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's looking beautiful and the warm autumn colours are really coming together!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty....I love the colors of this. Beautiful Progress on this. Can't wait to see this one finished.

    Take care & Happy Stitching
    Linda K, Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  17. We can definitely see the progress... great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love to hear from you.